Did I ripoff Wal-Mart...

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by DaleGribble, Jan 18, 2014.

1. PaulMason

PaulMason

You said that before - that is how you got a $27 product for less then $5.

2. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Okie is ashamed of you

3. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Wow, something happened that I can't find this thread in my list of threads I've been following?! Looks like it got moved, but why would I not see the thread anymore? I had to find it by following a link in my email. Weird

4. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I would like to think that Okie would be more aware of policy than that...nobody has a right to speak for okie!!

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Debating with you is like talking with a child. You pick and choose what you want to hear and use infantile logic that makes no sense to any rational adult. Now that you've managed to get my thread moved to a dead zone because of your childishness, I'm done discussing this with you.

You're fired. Goodbye. Adios.

6. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Okie was proud to work at walmart and always defended it against nay sayers of Walmart like dale .

Who are either to lazy to use the price checker or ask help from an associate,

then wait to go to the cash register and hold up the line making an ass of themselves:tongueout:

7. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

Yes, I know okie was proud of his job. I also worked for walmart and know that my job made it mandatory for what happened to this GTer to be the only option. If any other route was taken than what happened here, the person changing protocal would be fired or reprimanded. I'm sure Okie knew the rules and would have stood up for the OP

8. PaulMason

PaulMason

Sounds like you know yourself well. :rofl::tongueout:

9. racerford

racerford

No, she is 7, it would be illegal. You are a sick individual for even suggesting it. She is not capable of consent. Walmart is a sophisticated corporation. They are fully capable of informed consent.

No one was taken advantage of, Walmart followed their policies.

10. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

The important thing is that Walmart still made a profit off Dale's item.

11. Dave514

Dave514

The register drawer got stuck while waiting for my change at Walmart. The manager came over and I loned him my keys to try to slip in the barely open drawer to move the roll of coins that were blocking.

It didn't work so he said he would have to get a screw driver.

After about 5 minutes he came back with artificial roses and tried to use the flimsy wire stem to unhang the drawer. He said "I couldn't find a screwdriver".

I leaned in close and said loudly(like an Ahole) YOU DO REALIZE WE'RE IN A SUPER WALLL MAAAART DON'T YOU?

It wasn't worth sticking around any longer for .32 cents.

I think $5/27 might have been fortunate for Walmart.

motorcycleman likes this.
  12. PaulMason

PaulMason

So I was in this mom and pop store just browsing the isles when I saw this item on the shelf I was interested in - the sticker had the decimal point in the wrong place. The item was now for sale at 90% off!

I took a picture of the item and the sticker and went to the cash register. Of course it rang up at the full price.

The I told the clerk to correct my charge to the lower price. She got the manager and the manager then asked me to wait while he checked the shelf.

He came back and admitted the sticker price was wrong but everything else was correct. BUT, he said he could not sell it to me at such a deep discount.

Then I pounced - I showed him the picture, I threatened not to shop there again, I told him I would report him to the police and the state authorities.

He said, sir, my daughter is ill and any money we make here goes to her medicine. My wife used to work in the store but she needs to stay at home and take care of my daughter so we had to hire two people to replace her.

He is crying now. And he goes on and on about how Obamacare has increased his health care costs and he might have to cancel his employee's health ins.

He is pleading now, on his knees. Sir, if you insist on paying on ly 10% of the price of this item, I'll go out of business and my family will be homeless.

I made him sell it to me at the lower price! It was a good day.

I did a Gribble. Anyone else make such a great find?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  13. Dave514

Dave514

Deeaaauuummm! One item was going to was going to put him out of business and cause him to be homeless??

What could this mystery item possibly have been?

Hope Diamond?

A Picasso?

If you have an address, I'd like to send the guy a donation to help him out with his troubles.

14. PaulMason

PaulMason

I think they are living out of their car now - I don't have an address.

15. Dave514

Dave514

Wow. That's terrible. I think you should have paid the whole thing if that's a amount we're talking about. I mean, a $22 difference to a huge corporation like WM might not be that big of a deal but clearly you are taking advantage of the situation on a level that is devastating for a business.

I hope you are not pulling our leg about this because there is nothing I despise more than a damnn LIAR. Liars are the scum of the earth and each should be quartered right on the spot. Man, I sure hope you are not one of those. Liars....man I hate those SOBs.

16. Dave514

Dave514

Wait a minute... this WAS a lie, wasn't it? There was no store or crying owner.

You were just trying to make a point. So... so you LIED to make a point.

Like if some bazillion dollar corporation was monoplizing small towns all over by running out the little guy...and then you had a chance to use their own pricing policies against them... you could make a point. The theft of $22 wouldn't even be the point of the whole thing. It's not the THEFT... it's the point.

I get it now. So it's not the LIE you are telling, it's the point you are making.

Well, wait, if it's ok to lie to make a point then why isn't it ok to use a companies own policy to make a point?

17. Dave514

Dave514

or maybe you're making a mountain out of a molehill

18. Lady Glock

Lady Glock

I think you were right with the first one...lying to make a point against Dale. Thing is, I have trouble believing the purchase of ONE item at a 90% discount would put a small business owner out of business. If that's the case, they weren't far from going under anyway!

19. Dave514

Dave514

Yeah, I think that's pretty clear. I was just pretending not to know...

Hey, wait, playing dumb is a form of LYING!!!

AHHH, I HATE ME NOW!!!

20. PaulMason

PaulMason

I can tell neither of you did a Gribble - if you did, you would know it is all good.