Did I get a "Lemon" on my Gen4 G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ace4059, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ace4059

ace4059

I purchased a new Glock G19 Gen 4 the last week of September. I own five Gen 3 Glocks (G17, G20, G27, G30, G32) and have never experienced a problem with them. They work perfect every time. This new Gen 4, I have, has had nothing but problems. My gen 3 glocks, it does not matter, I can shoot it weak handed, two handed, strong handed, and they perform flawlessly with ANY ammo I put through them.

My Gen 4 G19 must be a lemon. I have "shot" 950-1000 rounds through it and it will malfunction at least once per 15 rd magazine. It jams, stove pipes, Failure to feed, on average 1 in 10 to 1 in 15 rds. When it does not jam, it throws the casings erratically. It mainly throws the shell casing directly in my face. On occasion, when it doesnt throw it directly in my face, it will shoot it out to the LEFT, or IN front of the barrel. It very rarely will throw it to the right, like it should.

I contacted Glock and they said they are working on new "weaker" revised recoil spring assembly, but it will not be available until at least Mid to late November.

I have tried several types of ammo. I have used WWB, Federal, Monarch, Blazer AL, Black Hills, Corbon, Winchester NATO, Fiocchi and Speer. I have tried the hotter loads of +p and the NATO, but I still experience the same problems with all the different ammo, and will all three magazines.

I have read on here where the spring is too strong so I have spent several nights "racking" the slide back and forth. I have done this over 2000 times.

I even tried GlockWorx aftermarket tungsten guide rod with adapter, and their blue and red recoil springs. I tried their ejector because they said it would throw the casing to the right. But it still throws it back in my face, and it still jams. I even tried gen 3 guide rod and spring from my G32 with the adapter and it still malfunctions. I tried new gen 4 revised "02" recoil spring for the G17 and it just stuck out about a 1/4" in the front. It would still jams with that. The only way I could get it to NOT jam was to use a Gen 3 G17 poly guide rod and G17 gen 3 recoil spring. It did not jam with the G17 Gen 3 spring and rod, but it still ejects the shell casing into my face.

Here is a link to a youtube video of the slow motion shell ejections and I think this is what mine is doing. Start watching at 2-1/2 mins for the ejecting problems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHEdNx0Mk4

Attached are some photos of my actual jams. I litteraly have hundreds of photos of it jamming, but these are just a few. Notice on the last photo, the shell casing is flipped 180 degrees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am very frustrated at this point because I have a non working gun that I have had about 1 month. And the revised spring will not be here for another 3 or 4 weeks. I am not sure that will even fix the problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Ryan