close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Did I get a good deal or not? - Sentry Safe

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by cvhudson, Mar 17, 2007.

1. cvhudson

cvhudson

I went to Lowes tonight for a sheet of plywood and saw that someone had returned a safe b/c it was "damaged". Upon further inspection I saw the small dent on the bottom of the safe and in my opinion, it's very minor. I asked the manager if he would make me a deal on the safe and he agreed to %25 off. The original price was $229 so I was able to get it, including tax, for about $180. Here's the link http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=50328-254-A3750&lpage=none

So the manager told me that if I decided I didn't like it then I would be free to bring it back. My wife swears I got ripped off but she's against the whole idea of having guns in the house anyway. I realize this isn't as nice as the Fort Knox or Cannon safes but I think this will suit my purpose. My goal is to have a secure place to store my handguns, away from the children but easily accessable at night if I need it.

I'm new to the idea of safes but I know I like them better than fumbling with a trigger lock in the dark. I would love to have a $5000 Fort Knox but for the time being, this is a more affordable alternative.

so what's your opinion? did I get a good enough deal to keep it or could I do better for the same or slightly more? Any direction is appreciated.

Chadd

2. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Wow Chadd! I think you got a pretty good deal for the safe. Sentry is a good brand I to would like a Fort Knox one but can't afford it right now. good deal!

3. MakinItWorse

MakinItWorse Gangsta!

I this would all depend on if the "dent" will compromise the fire/water protection of the safe. A "gun safe" that is not fire proof can be had for $150.00 at my dick's sporting goods and is a decent size. If the fire/water protection is intact they I'd say way to go :thumbsup:

4. csinsc

csinsc

I bought a Sentry safe once and had to take it back after I found out that you should not store any guns/watches or other valuables in them. These are office safes... Here is a quote from their web site....

DO NOT store delicate items directly in your safe.
    SentrySafe products which offer fire protection have a patented
    insulation that has a high moisture content. In addition the
    SentrySafe advanced safes close airtight to offer water
    resistance, which may also cause moisture to accumulate inside
    your safe.

I called Sentry after I bought mine and asked them about firearms and they said that they have a line of safes for guns...

Hope this helps....

Chris

5. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Does the same go for the Brinks style safe? Like pictured?
    [​IMG]