GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Even die hard Trump supporters I know said the debate was a train wreck. If Biden's campaign has any sense, they will pull out. Trump acted like an ass and a bully (from what Trump supporters I work with say) so why would Biden give him a chance to act presidential, logical, and in command of the issues?
You may need to find a new group of Trump supporters to hang out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Even die hard Trump supporters I know said the debate was a train wreck. If Biden's campaign has any sense, they will pull out. Trump acted like an ass and a bully (from what Trump supporters I work with say) so why would Biden give him a chance to act presidential, logical, and in command of the issues?
I’m a Trump supporter and I thought it was a train wreck for both candidates. Yes, Trump talked over Biden, but Biden did the same. Biden also lied repeatedly, called Trump a clown, told him to shut up, etc. My biggest complaint about Trump wasn’t standing up for himself (talking over), it was his failure to address specific Biden lies that are easy to address. He dropped the ball on a handful of slam dunks, in my view.

·
Descent Terminated
33,324 Posts
The democrat msm idea of decorum the s being a debate punching bag like McCain and Romney.

Nice guys finish last.
Imagine if you will ... Biden going up against Putin or Xi Jinping ... :wow:

Reactions: Grumpy_old_man

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
If they do debate again with mic cutting clause and they keep cutting Trump's mic and not Biden's, it will show everyone even more, what a slimy bunch the left are, not that half the people will care.

·
A swamp dude
10,925 Posts
Since all the legitimate polls have Trump destroying Biden in the first debate, they would be foolish to let him back in the ring with the President.
Which polls are you looking at? I’m trying to find evidence Trump won with Independents, women and minority voters, the ones he needs to win the election, but I’m not finding “legitimate” poll results that give me hope.

Did the President win with his base? Of course. Did he persuade voters outside of his base to reject Biden? I don’t think he delivered any knockout blows.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I’m a Trump supporter and I thought it was a train wreck for both candidates. Yes, Trump talked over Biden, but Biden did the same. Biden also lied repeatedly, called Trump a clown, told him to shut up, etc. My biggest complaint about Trump wasn’t standing up for himself (talking over), it was his failure to address specific Biden lies that are easy to address. He dropped the ball on a handful of slam dunks, in my view.
Regarding addressing Bidens lies.

So many lies so little time .

Addressing lies is defensive.

Trump goes on offense.

My opinion is that Trump says things to bring in info that the msm avoids or buries and to rattle Biden.

Countering Wallace served the purpose of shattering the strawman questions so the moderators lie is not repeated over and over in the msm.

Also disrupts the Wallace , (moderator) plan to protect Biden.

Now the msm is clammoring for the remaining two debates cancellation.

Apparently Biden is a real star and the Democrat msm complex is real confident in Biden's capability.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd like to see what that would do to the viewership numbers
Viewership was already down 11,000,000 from the first Trump/Clinton debate in 2016. My thought is many more won't watch the second or third debate no matter if changes are made. Most folks have made their mind up who to vote for anyway.

·
A swamp dude
10,925 Posts
....Most folks have made their mind up who to vote for anyway.
I’m not convinced Trump has enough support to win at this point. So, I hope there are still lots of undecided voters out there and that Trump can perform well in the remaining debates. Pence needs to do well against Harris, too.

·
Descent Terminated
33,324 Posts
Reactions: PhotoFeller

·
Registered
15,339 Posts
Which polls are you looking at? I’m trying to find evidence Trump won with Independents, women and minority voters, the ones he needs to win the election, but I’m not finding “legitimate” poll results that give me hope.

Did the President win with his base? Of course. Did he persuade voters outside of his base to reject Biden? I don’t think he delivered any knockout blows.
I follow Helmut Norpoth who predicted Trump in 2016 and is calling for a landslide Trump in 2020. I'm not sure which results he cites for the debate since he doesn't actually list them, but his commentary was that "all the real polls" show that Trump won the debate hands down. He's been my go-to guy for presidential elections since 1996.

One of his comments, based on the primary results, is "People forget how badly Biden did in New Hampshire with only 8% of the Primary vote." His "system" uses the primaries as a driver for the math in his model.

He's also been a pretty good prognosticator over the years. He will say things like, "Trumps rating will go up next month by 3% with the general public" and pretty much be right on - though he also says his system doesn't us this rating in the calculation.

I do believe that the only way the Democrats can win this year is by fraud, and that the MSM polls are all completely worthless.

·
Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner
14,369 Posts
Those are not die-hard Trump supporters. Those are die-hard RINO libs. Like many on GT

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
They need to have a big, time clock so everyone can watch when the clock starts and how much time is left.

A sitdown with Rogan would be best. That way Joe can't read off notes so easily.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Not yet, looks like they're trying to get Trump to pull the plug by putting an over-ride on his mic so the pro-Biden moderator can silence Trump at any time.

Like I said in another thread, if Trump's scrappy street-fighter style was hurting him politically the lefties would be more than happy to let him keep going. As it is I'm seeing all the never-Trumper types claiming the debate was a "travesty" and that the "mean orange guy has to be made to stop" (translation: Trump won).

Only criticism I have of Trump's debate performance was that he was too restrained and respectful of his opponents, Biden and Wallace.

Grumpy
Too bad you're not the audience DJT needed: He needs the Karens.
Yeah BS! He just did to the Democrats what the Democrats and their press has done to him for the last 5 years!
He threw a temper tantrum on stage.

·
Registered
15,339 Posts
Trump should bring a radio frequency blocker to the next one - disabling Joe's Mojo contacts and listening devices...

These can block AM, FM, Cellular, Wifi, Bluetooth... within a controllable radius.

Trump can just carry it in his pocket.

·
N.R.A life member. G.O.A member
1,088 Posts
What name calling from Trump? I heard Biden calling Trump names. Clown, fool. Heard Biden say "will you shut up" and "shut your trap." Trump was too aggressive with the interrupting, but the low grade invective all came from Biden.
True, and Biden interrupted Trump first.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,695 Posts
I already posted about this...but I will reiterate: Rona Barrett came up with the best answer on a show today: She said one very simple rule going forward; Moderator asks the question, candidate must answer the question directly and w/o spin...the debate does Not continue until each question posed is answered. In the case of Mr Biden failing to answer the direct question posed about Stacking the Supreme Court...the debate stops until the question is answered...period.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts