Did anyone protest this absurdity?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glockblock6653, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

That's old news and one of the reasons Trump was elected.

TBO likes this.

2. The Viking

The Viking

There are 100,000 Somalis living in St Paul Minn. Supposed to be where ISIS recruited in the US.

3. peng

peng

The best immigrants bring good food with them. Not these jokers.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  4. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  5. Random

Random Banned

Hmm. You could, but 100,000 were let in since 9/11. If Obama let in 43,000 that means that Bush...........

Dangit. I'm crap at math. (says loudly all ridiculous and belligerent-like) Can anyone tell me how many Muslim Somalians the Republicans let into this country??

6. Deltic

Deltic

7. Deltic

Deltic

I like Bush better than zero but he made some major mistakes. Zero did the damage on purpose IMO.

8. Glockblock6653

Glockblock6653

No

9. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I liked Bush, but he is hardly the standard by which a president should be judged. He handled 9/11 (the immediate aftermath) fairly well, but then decided to invade Iraq and well.....

Plus ISIS was formed under Obama's watch. Bush is at least partly responsible for it but it didn't exist when Bush let people in.

The primary issue with letting the Somali's, the Syrians, etc in the country is not because people don't want more ME or AA people here. It's the vetting of these people - or lack thereof.

10. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    ... and the fact so many don't want to assimilate into our culture. They want to recreate the culture they fled, here.

Sent from my Jackboot using Copatalk

11. SC Tiger

That's another problem, yes. In particular where that culture violates our culture (such as women's rights, gay rights, religious freedom, etc).

That said - I don't want to paint any group with too broad of a brush. I've know Muslims from Africa and the ME that were great people.

12. WT

WT Millennium Member

Half of them claim to have shot down the US helicopters during the Blackhawk Down incident in Mogadishu.

13. Random

Random Banned

Aside from extreme instances (that I've personally never seen) and hyperbolic references to events, many of which have been debunked, why wouldn't they fit in to our culture?
    We already have people that are against womens rights, think gay rights shouldn't be an issue because they are deviant destructive creatures, and would prefer we all practice their religion.
    Those 'cultural differences' already exist among us, so that can't be the exclusionary factor.
    If it were just their culture they would fall short of charting anywhere near the far end of the right-wing spectrum.

Example: Saying "a child of rape is a viable human and a sin to abort, but abortion is acceptable if it is to protect the life of the mother" - doesn't seem that foreign to me.

Example: Guy/guy is still considered icky, gross, and wrong, but just like us the concept of girl/girl is more readily acceptable. Girl/girl is legal in Kuwait, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.

They view homosexuality through a similar lens referencing Lot and Sodom and Gomorrah. (They were called the "People of Lut" instead of the "People of Lot") They have the sodomy laws of our southern states, but many of the countries are discussing legalizing same-sex marriage.

14. SC Tiger

I have no idea. I don't live in Minnesota. TBO does I believe - probably around Minneapolis. I might could even guess his address. Perhaps you should ask him - the guy who actually made the comment?

But IF (and I say IF) there is a group in a certain area that wants to implement laws in their region that are counter to the values of the US, then that is a problem.

The laws in the south are not enforced. We don't have bedroom police. They are still on the books because nobody has bothered to take them off. Just like in SC it is illegal to have sex in any position other than missionary, and in one state it is illegal to but a horse in a bathtub or something.

15. Random

Random Banned

I was just asking you because you agreed with him.... and I was looking for a distraction to avoid Mardi Gras going on outside my front door.

16. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

I think the rest of those Somalians moved to Maine where the welfare is great but we crap on our veterans and elderly.