Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a cluster F*. The first time I am disappointed in President Trump! Where is my simple check that was supposed to arrive with his name/signature on it????

/

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
I did not get a "stimulus" anything. Nor do I expect or want anything.

I take care of myself and don't want anything from the government other than to be left the He11 alone!

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
They were talking about the debit card 0n the news today.

It seems that because the Feds don't have some info (bank recount info, whatever) on some people, a debit card is bing sent to them.

Personally I think it's a waste of money. $1,200 won't do a thing for most people and you can be sure it will cost us more than $1,200 in the long run.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Personally I think it's a waste of money. $1,200 won't do a thing for most people and you can be sure it will cost us more than $1,200 in the long run.
Maybe that's the reason for the debit card. Instead of having to run the gamut of re-issuing another "stimulus" in the future, they can just reload the cards.

·
Registered
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can spend it on anything you want.

I just stuck mine in my Checking account.

How did you get it into your checking account? Thats what I am trying to do and getting nothing but errors on the debit card website!!!

/

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Maybe that's the reason for the debit card. Instead of having to run the gamut of re-issuing another "stimulus" in the future, they can just reload the cards.
Reloading a card would be too efficient. This is our government we're talking about here.

·
Brew Crew
28,965 Posts

It seems that because the Feds don't have some info (bank recount info, whatever) on some people, a debit card is bing sent to them.

1200$ will buy a hell of a TV these days, you should of seen people at my local Walmart hauling them out when the first checks hit.

·
Registered
30,307 Posts
How did you get it into your checking account? Thats what I am trying to do and getting nothing but errors on the debit card website!!!

/
I got a check (not a debit card), that I put in the checking account a few weeks ago.

As I recall, they said on the news that the Debit Cards could also be deposited into your bank account. (but I really wasn't paying much attention)

·
Registered
32,357 Posts

It’s enough for a rifle and a handgun, or a rifle and a shotgun, or a shotgun and a handgun, all with ammo.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I got a single paper check which both mine and my wife's $1200.

Thankfully, we are ok and didn't really need it.

But I have friends who are laid off and the stimulus money was a godsend for them.

I'm trying to help out by hiring them to do some small projects around our house.

·
299 Posts
I don't qualify.

Besides it's not free money. It will come back to you/us via taxes if not inflation which is a feel good tax itself.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,615 Posts
I got my tax refund by direct deposit so they automatically put in my checking account for me. You peasants and your stink'in debit cards

1 - 20 of 36 Posts