Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Flux Capacitor Technician
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7F4F4AB5-85B3-48F3-86CA-6B47489FAF13.jpeg

So I was looking for some of the old classic cartoons for the kids and Amazon has Bugs Bunny in 3 hour blocks but before you are allowed to watch there is a disclaimer you have to read. Did Amazon just call me a racist for wanting to watch Bugs? Sheesh, pollitical correctness run amok I say!

What say you?

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
View attachment 442096

So I was looking for some of the old classic cartoons for the kids and Amazon has Bugs Bunny in 3 hour blocks but before you are allowed to watch there is a disclaimer you have to read. Did Amazon just call me a racist for wanting to watch Bugs? Sheesh, pollitical correctness run amok I say!

What say you?

So, Wabbits are waycists…….

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
View attachment 442096

What say you?
Whoopsi went after Bugs along time ago. I have all of the “banned” cartoons she tried to have completely erased from history.
By the way, people are by nature racist... even the ones who claim they’re trying to stamp out racism.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Weird, they don't show any disclaimer when they show the movie White Chicks on BET or MTV once a week.
Belittling or making fun of the white race is totally acceptable to those who are trying to stamp out racism in our society. That’s just another example of the fact that all races are racist to a degree. Some moreso than others but all are nonetheless.

·
NRA Life Member
29,064 Posts
Does " Amos & Andy " ever have a chance of syndication?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: WeeWilly

·
NRA Life Member
29,064 Posts
wonder what kind of a disclaimer they would have if they were to feature Amos and Andy?
:rofl:

Great minds and all that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
View attachment 442096

What say you?
Yup, I think they called you a racist

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
By the way, people are by nature racist... even the ones who claim they’re trying to stamp out racism.
In the truest sense of the word, YES they are.

The way things are going even using the phrase "birds of a feather flock together" will eventually be considered racist and banned from public usage.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
In the truest sense of the word, YES they are.

The way things are going even using the phrase "birds of a feather flock together" will eventually be considered racist and banned from public usage.
Unless you attend any college commencement anywhere in the country where, for the most part, "birds of a feather flock together". When this reality is embraced things might actually get better.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
What was racist in Bug Bunny? I don't remember anything slightly racist in it.

These people make my ass tired.

·
Rational
14,559 Posts
Did you order this cartoon or something?

Or this one....

If not.....then you're fine. I honestly can't think of any cartoon more racist that I saw growing up than those two. And yes, racist cartoons were on TV in the 80s and 90s.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
View attachment 442096

What say you?
Actually Porky pig was removed from the airways because "It's Offensive to Stutterers"
Popeye had wartime episodes depicting the Japanese (Banned) as did the 3 Stooges with Moe impersonation Hitler.
The lil Rascals was bought in it's entirty by Bill Cosby, never to be aired again, as it was "Racist"
The little known fact that Buckwheat was trying to get a little off of Darla, via Quaalude, was quite acceptable to Dr Huxtable....

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
What was racist in Bug Bunny? I don't remember anything slightly racist in it.

These people make my ass tired.
Bugs Bunny has done black face. I believe he has done a cannibal scene. There were a number that probably showed Africans in a poor light. He done a lot of ethnic stereotypes.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts