Did a good deed today - gave a lady some pointers on marksmanship

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by fnfalman, Nov 6, 2010.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

This was her second time ever shooting a handgun. The first time she said was 25-years ago. Her and her teenaged son rented a Glock 17 from the range and proceeded to make nice shotgun patterns at 7-yds. After 5-minutes of spiel on hand hold, stance (isoceles), sight picture, sight alignment, breathing, trigger pull, and follow through, she went on and shot these two shot groups. Granted that they were at 7-yds but compared to what she's done previously (note the green tapes covering the bullet holes), I'd dare say that she made a quantum leap. Not to mention that it got her excited now and she wanted to go blast some more. I told her next time to rent a .22 pistol or revolver then go at it. She suffered a couple of limpwrist-induced jams until I showed her how to lock the elbows and hold a firm grip on the pistol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alcoy

Alcoy

good deal fn.

3. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

I wonder what your motives really were as I did not any rings on her finger!

4. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Nice looking lady.
    You did a nice thing..

5. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

From the smile on her face when given shooting pointers---Chicks dig it.

:cool: Hopefully her and her son are going to be future gun owners and avid shooters.

Good job, FN.

6. Bello

Bello America/Italia

:rofl: shes probably plotting to kill her husband! :rofl:

7. PATRICE

PATRICE . . . . .

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  8. Teej

Teej

I can't make out her wedding ring finger.....

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Well, you see, I saw this hot chick with a grown kid, so it drove me utterly mad with sexual desires, so I encroached her space, took time out of my day to make sure that she's good to go on the range so that maybe she can reward me with sexual favors and a ready-made family.

Let me guess, you're one of them bra-burning type?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  10. CTM_357

CTM_357 first gen. g17

It would seem that you are correct sir.

11. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

FN,good karma will follow.You did a great service to the lady.I hope her son was propperly instructed as well.tom.:cool:

12. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Awesome. I taught my cousin (female) how to shoot about a year ago. Before that she didn't understand how to line up the sights, once she got that, she started hitting the target! :supergrin:

That is quite enjoyable!

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Her son already shot his share by the time they asked me to help with freeing the misfeed that was caused by her limpwristing the Glock. That's how I got involved.

I told her that I'm almost always at this range on Saturday about noon, so if she and her kid were to want some coaching, just show up & rent a .22 pistol/revolver. I'd donate my time.

I asked her why renting a Glock 9mm instead of a .22 something and she replied that her son liked the Glock. Maybe next time they'd rent something that's more suitable for novices.

14. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

15. Teej

Teej

I kind of follow you thinking but do not agree. A G17 with proper instruction is a great 1st weapon. Now that you've corrected her grip and sighting she ought to be fine with 9mm.

I've witnessed women shooting crappy with small .22's at the range, but they did a lot better with a full size .45.

16. bac1023

bac1023

17. BadmonBuilt

BadmonBuilt

when i took my girl for the first time she liked my g26 and was even better with my g36 and p90 ruger but completely lost with my ruger sp101 22 all i kept hearing was "did i hit it" ..... smh

on a side note also seen a guy shooting g19 claiming his gun was not firing when he did not put a scratch on the paper and put his finger in front the barrel and pulled the trigger ..... needs less to say i immediately packed my bag and went home, i wasnt going to wait around and see what else the idiot would do next now that he was missing the end of his finger

18. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

9mm ammo is $10-11/box of 50-rounds. .22LR ammo is $10-11/box of 550-rounds.

Which one do you think will allow her to practice more?

Not everybody can afford $200 on ammunition per each range session.

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Ruger SP-101 has extremely stiff and gritty trigger pulls, not to mention no sight radius to speak of.

Put your girlfriend behind a Ruger MkI/II/III, a Browning Buckmark, SW M17/617, or a Ruger Single-Six and then see how she fares.

20. Teej

Teej

$200 per session?? That would be 1000 rnds per session. I seriously doubt this woman is going to load and shoot any calibre that much per session. But of course possible.

And I agree economically with you. But if she is a new shooter, possibly checking into something to defend herself with, I believe in shooting and practicing with what you are going to use.

But you did mention renting. Does this range rent .22's? I'm asking cause they usually make a nice chunk of change selling you ammo with your rental.

Hey, I think you did a great service. I'd rather see her with a .22 than nothing at all.

I've shot .22 rifles with my daughter, for pistols and protection when I'm not home I took and enrolled her in a class. My daughter is a 95 lb teen. She had a female certified instructor/state rank competitor working with her. My daughter used my G19 for the class. She was using WWB ammo. She had no malfuctions at all, not only hit the target each and every time, but acutally shot my G19 better than me. [so i bought her a g17 so I could have my Glock back]

But if you are going to run into her again there, I'm sure you will steer her correctly. Does your range offer classes? A lot of ranges now offer ladies nights or range times. Beginer shooter classes, womans only classes, etc. You might want to suggest that to her. Some ranges even offer discounts off the purchase price of a pistol to new shooters that took their classes.

As she appears to be a novice and may not know what to ask or feel comfortable asking, you might check into and ask questions about these things that you can relay the info to her.