Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Didn’t they already ban sales of AR15’s several years ago? I’m almost positive they did.

This seems like nothing more than a shameless publicity ploy. How sad.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't it Dick's that stopped selling "black" guns for a period of time? Clearly black guns are more evil then non-black guns.

·
With Liberty and Justice for all.
20,894 Posts
Just read the press release. They are eliminating all semi auto rifles. Not sure why they felt the need to mention AR15’s specifically other than solely for effect. Still an obvious publicity ploy from a company that probably didn’t sell very many semi-auto rifles anyway. Shameful that they decided to do a “me too” and dip their corporate toes in political waters like this.

·
Semper Fi
1,556 Posts
No loss for me. I have only bought 1 item from them in the last umpteen years. It might be the only item ever LOL. I bought an ENO hammock for my daughter a few years ago for Christmas when the entire world was out of them. They are just too high on stuff.

They aren’t a “gun store” anyway they focus more on athletics.

·
20,894 Posts
Been reading some other forums. Lots of folks are saying that Dick’s has indeed done this before. How pathetic that they like to exploit tragedy to gain a little publicity. What a sad and pathetic company.

·
Come on man!!
17,405 Posts
They pulled the same **** after Newtown and then started selling the evil guns again. Now they're doing it again and this time they're going to start lobbying for a ban.

I used to spend a lot of money with them prior to Newtown but haven't shopped there since then. Now I'm going to start sending them pics of all the sporting goods, guns, and ammo that I buy from other vendors!

**** them. I hope they go bankrupt and I hope their commie CEO chokes on a Dick's Sporting Goods!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dick’s owns Field & Stream stores. After Newtown, Dick’s branded stores stopped selling ARs, but Field & Stream continued. After Parkland, all their stores will no longer sell ARs and standard capacity magazines. The local Field & Stream has PMAGs in stock yesterday. It would be interesting to know whether they’ve pulled them off the shelves this morning.

SOBs lost my business forever. Support your locally-owned FFL dealer.

Attachments

·
20,894 Posts
What a bungled PR fiasco this will turn out to be. So they made a very public display of banning military style rifles in 2012, only to secretly resume selling them in a couple dozen stores. Now they are banning again, and everyone remembers them banning before. This CEO is a real idiot. If he was smart then he would quietly just stop selling without making a big deal about it. But now Dicks looks like they are either greedy unscrupulous liars chasing a buck or they are shamelessly exploiting a tragedy to get some PR. Grossly mishandled IMO.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.