GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
1911 lover
10,128 Posts
Last time i was in a store was 10 years ago.. bought .22 ammo when it was hard to find. Hope they go out of business.

·
Registered
6,197 Posts
I have none locally, but went to one in Topeka KS and knew right off their prices were absolutely stupid meant for maximum profit and to Hell with the customer.
I frequent that location myself. Mostly I go across the street to Academy Sports. I sure liked Dick's when it started, bit now it is usually the last choice in local retailers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dick's had a parking lot sale today right next to a restaurant my wife and I had just eaten at. Of course she dragged me over there because...you know...shoes.

Anyway, I see that in order to pay in cash you needed to go into the store to pay so I stroll in there and notice there are exactly 3 guns left on their otherwise empty gun racks. No bows, ammo sparse, and clearance signs everywhere.

An employee in his 60's came up and we started talking. He stated that they will no longer sell hunting gear of any kind. No guns, bows, hunting knives, ammo, cleaning supplies, camo, calls, etc.

He hesitated and then shook his said saying this is the queen bee's decision and it is obvious from internal communication it is a clear political stance. He then said the customers mostly hate it but all their competitors love it.

He also stated their other local location still has firearms. He wouldn't elaborate why and he may not know why either.

Apparently this started many months ago.

Sad really.

My gut tells me that their sporting good sales have tanked so much because of their anti 2A stance that they are now forced to lean into it rather than cave in.

I haven't spent any money at dick's until today (90% off some things!) and I now have reinforced my own decision.
Dicks is well named. #%$^&* them.

·
Gun Cultured
1,225 Posts
I've bought two things from Dick's, and both were at least 9 years ago. One was a treadmill in 2009; the other was a sports cap for the Blackhawks 2010 Cup win.
I've never gone back, especially since their idiotic PC stance on firearms.

I only buy guns from my local shop which is 5 minutes from my home. I'll go to the large gun store which shall remain nameless to fondle a gun I'd like to buy, but I buy it from the LGS every time.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts