Diamondback DB380 .25 Cents Night Sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by viniglock, Feb 6, 2010.

1. viniglock

viniglock

Yesterday I got my Diamondback DB380 and wanted to put some paint to enhance the sights, I was not able to catch with the camera but They are very bright once they are charge, I bought the paint from Glonation. You will have enough paints to do many firearms and retouch as need it, I have done for several guns, they do take about 3 days to cure.:wavey: OK I know this not high-tech or better sight out there, but hey is an option to this, since anyway there is no night-sights for this firearm yet and I do not want to spend the money.:whistling:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ctaggart

ctaggart

So, how long does the paint glo for after it's "charged?"

EDIT: Nevermind, visited the website. 12 hours.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

3. viniglock

viniglock

According to:

4. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

VERY NICE! Does the paint change the color of the white dots on the sights? I've seen some paints actually change the white dots on guns to an ugly yellowish tan color. Seems like the Superluminova Phosphorescent sights that came on my Beretta 90-Two from the factory, but they last maybe an hour tops with a charge from my TLR-3.

*EDIT* Hmmmm....I might get the sampler pack and try white pigmented paint on one of my two DB380s......white for one, and maybe red for the other. Good post!

5. viniglock

viniglock

I had put some to my PF9 first(had it for a while and was able to take out and no change to white). The one that comes with the Diamondback I took a toothpick to scratch them and notice that came off a bit (this is before I installed glowpaint, this must a factory thing and no reason at least for me to return to mother-ship, knowing that I have a ton of paint), wanted to see how strong were the DB380 sights. I will buy the white paint though.

6. WadShooter

WadShooter

On my DB380 the sites were not "filled" in very evenly. I contacted customer service and they offered to fix them for me...... but upon further conversation with them, it turns out that the paint in the sites from Diamondback is just TESTORS model paint. I was able to remove and repaint using toothpicks, Qtips and alcohol

7. viniglock

viniglock

That is what I thought, not very strong seems to be a bit weak when I used the toothpick and scratched, this not a deal breaker for me since I have tons of paint for this purpose. So, technically what they will do put more Testors paint. I would rather send it for a bigger issues that affect the functionality of the firearm. I will be calling tomorrow and find out about the registration of the firearm, since I did not get a warranty card nor I see that you can register online. I will also ask about the sights.

8. Airborne Infantryman

Cool. Let us know what they say about the registration for the warranty, etc.
    :wavey:

9. viniglock

viniglock

Sure thing.:wavey:

10. viniglock

viniglock

I found in the Textors site cool things to paint:

I was looking for a brush to paint the sight and this look like something that can be use:
    [​IMG]

And an air compressor in the right size can be use to paint or blow air in the frame of the firearms.

[​IMG]

11. viniglock

viniglock

In reference the Registration card or registering the firearms, according to Brad (deals with warranty) he indicated that is not necessary that only thing needed is a copy of your BOS (bill of sale) or receipt. It is must to send for warranty service.

I touched basis about dry fire the DB380 (I already knew the answer but wanted to confirm), indicated that is okay to dry fire. This info is not in the manual, but assuming that has an identical mechanism as the Glock it was more than logical that DB380 could be dry fire. Finally, asked about the sights, as mention by another poster they are model paint (Testors).

12. Airborne Infantryman

Thanks for the info! :wavey:

13. viniglock

viniglock

Sure thing!:wavey:

What we need now is to set a club for the DB.:supergrin:

14. Airborne Infantryman

15. 4wheel1

4wheel1

I saw a post about glonation and bought some. I now have it on my kahr, bersa, and 995ts. Next it will be on my Glock. It says it works better over white paint. The sights on the kahr and bersa were white and after the glo paint they are still white in the daylight. I painted the 995 white and then used the glo paint. If I have them out in the bright light for a while I noticed the other morning when I got up at 3:30 they were still charged.

16. mdfd

mdfd

I think I will give glonation a try....
    I wanted to do the front sights a different color than the rear sights, but it seems as though the green is the only one that lasts 12 hours and next is the aqua at 10 hrs....not sure how that would look as a front/rear color combo....

I was thinking perhaps green on front and yellow on rear but they didn't list the glo time for the yellow....I have an email into them....

I really like the green/red combo but the red only lasts for 15 mins....

17. viniglock

viniglock

18. viniglock

viniglock

Green and yellow will be the better color for SD situation easy to see and to acquire. Go with what works and no what you like.

19. viniglock

viniglock

I have not been disappointed with this paint, save money and still get the same results.:wavey:

20. viniglock

viniglock