Diabeties and Meds

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Gary1911A1, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

I have been diagnosised as being Pre-Diabetic recently. Recently my doctor based on a 7.2HC1 wants me to start taking Avanelermet (spell?). My girlfriend who is also a diabetic states my diabetes will get worse and I'll need the meds forever and will have to get the dosage increased to maintain a healty level of BG. Is this true?

2. DBradD

DBradD Guest

Wow, sorry to hear that.

I don't know if anybody here is a doctor or takes these meds, so you might not get a lot of responses. Might try the GNG forum also. They'll never notice the double thread, LOL.

Did your doctor give any recommendations about lifestyle changes? Changing diet, exercising, losing weight (if you have any to lose)? Is there any chance of heading off the actual condition using any of these?

I know one fellow who has diabetes and he doesn't need his meds when he eats carefully and works out a lot. Granted, his situation might be different.

3. Rob96

Rob96 Millennium Member

I really beg to differ on this. My wife is a Type 2 diabetic. She was diagnosed several years ago. In the last two years, through diet and exercise she has shed over 60 pounds. She has gone from quarterly check ups to bi-annual. Her next visit will probably result in her being taken off her medication, Metformin (brand name Glucophage). She has already been taken off of her cholesterol med.

4. WGB

WGB

Yep, I'm type 2, diet, exercise, stress is a real killer, sleep, also infections all affect your BS
    Good luck you can control it, and eat better for it!