GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,807 Posts
Bring a spare battery for the chronie!

You must be in heaven with all that data to tally and analyze! :cheers:
Lots of lessons learned along the way, so mixed emotions on those data, sir—seems 3.2 or 3.3gr is the perfect charge for every single 147gr I have tried thus far, for example...so no need for 5 sets of 10 on the first round of evaluation. No ladders were needed after the second or third bullet I was evaluating.

Given that I'm loading minor for CO division, while yielding some interesting data and helping me understand the powder more, the 3.4 - 3.8gr charges, for example, are for naught. :)

Going forward, I plan to load just 2 strings for each new bullet I buy to evaluate. Once I ensure they meet PF nicely, I then load 20 more (on the press using random sample of bullets, not weighed out like I was doing for those standard deviation=2): 10 for the chrono and then 2 sets of 5 for accuracy.

...so I "wasted" a lot of components there, but some value lessons were learned *fo sho* so not a total loss.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I know somemof you are having a long wait on bullet orders, But I have to say, Kudos to Extreme bullets !! I ordered 1500 124gr FP 9mm bullets yesterday (sunday_ and I recieved an email today (monday) that my order has been shipped! Way to go extreme!
This is my 3rd order in 2 months and each and everytime i have recieved them in less than a week from recieveing the email they have been shipped !
Extreme is doing a very good job of getting bullets beack in inventory and customer service for me is excellent!
Xtreme took about 10 days for some 124g RN 9mm. MBC took over 2 months before I just received some 230g 45acp, but that's in the range they advertised when I ordered them.

·
2,807 Posts
So, what's your setup for Carry Optics?
...just a simple G45 milled for an SRO (stock, except for a minus connector and 4.5# firing pin spring).

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Don't forget to get some plus 6 mag extensions. Legal in CO. What dot size did you go with?

·
2,807 Posts
Don't forget to get some plus 6 mag extensions. Legal in CO. What dot size did you go with?
Yes, sir. I recently switched to TT basepads/extensions

I started with a G19 w/ RMR, so the SRO is like going from a 32" screen to a 70" bigscreen...carry RMR is 3.25 and SRO is 5MOA.

Bad picture of the side-by-side, but you can see how much more real estate the SRO provides...

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

·
Registered
34,809 Posts
I did sort of the same thing when going to CO. Made no sense to compete with a system I wouldnt carry so my first was a g19 w/ rmr2. My competition gun is a gen1 g17 w/ Brownell slide & SRO. The SRO is a bit faster, you almost never lose the dot.

Reactions: xTerpx

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Your good to go! The SRO has nice big glass, and the 5 MOA is perfect. DVC, but mostly C....

I just threw on a 25 year old Docter 7 MOA dot I had laying around. OEM G17 except a 3.5lb connector, G21 mag button, Qwip Grip sleeve, and a TF Seattle slug ( have to cut it flush to be legal). 20 year old Taylor Freelance mag extensions. If I were starting today, I would go with the SIG Romeo3XL 6 MOA and Arrendondo mag extensions (in a Glock), otherwise a SIGX5.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts