Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deus Ex Machina match grade barrel and Gunfighter trigger review

The Glock 19 is probably one of the most widely carried handguns in the world, and as such it only makes sense that we would take a great product and put our own personal touches on it, hopefully improving it in the process. Some people opt for stippling, trigger guard reductions, red dot sight mounting, and the list goes on and on. Some add ons are for looks and others are more performance based.

I carry a Gen 3 FDE Glock 19 during most of the year. After thousands of reliable rounds through it, I thought it was time to make some changes. In my opinion the stock Glock trigger leaves a lot of room for improvement. I decided it was time for a trigger upgrade and why not pair that with a match grade barrel at the same time.

There’s literally a plethora of companies out there that produce aftermarket accessories and replacement parts. It can be quite an undertaking narrowing down what company best suits your individual needs. Almost everyone out there produces quality parts, some better than others. Another factor I take into account is customer service; when I email a company do they get back to me promptly or are they so boutique they don’t bother to respond at all.

During my search I came across a company named Dues Ex Machina (www.customglockbarrels.com). They produce match grade stainless steel Glock barrels as well as aftermarket flat faced triggers and custom Glock slides. The company is run by a gentleman named Benjamin Bunker. Mr. Bunker owns and operates his own law firm that accommodates to gun owners and firearms based businesses. When I read that I thought it was a huge plus. Anyone who can help fellow gun owners or FFL holders in any legal matter is worth taking a deeper look into.

The barrel. Ok let’s get down to business here, Deus Ex Machina offers barrels for both the Glock 17 and 19. They are stainless steel 416R match barrels that come both threaded and non-threaded. The thread pattern is ½-28 as compared to the metric thread pattern Glock uses. You also get them fluted or dimpled. The machining on them is impeccable. There were no tooling marks to be found nor were there any discernable chatter marks in the dimpling. The roll marks are crisp and clean, and I liked the company logo. Finish comes in two varieties, TiN (gold in color) or black nitride. Deus Ex Machina barrels come with a lifetime warranty as well. Below is an excerpt from their website with all the specs-

•Compatible with Glock generations 2 through 4
•Precision machined from heat treated 416R stainless forgings
•Ready to use, pre-fit drop in
•Oversized lock up are produces greater shot-to-shot accuracy
•Polished feed ramp and bore
•Maximum chamber support and improved feed ramp design
•Diamond turned exterior
•Broach cut rifling and target crown
•Custom relief cuts and engraving on outside of chamber
•1/2x28 threads
•Includes matching thread protector

The trigger. The DEM Gunfighter trigger differs from the traditional trigger design as this one is flat faced. It’s my opinion that flat faced triggers give you more “control” over the trigger pull itself. They allow the shooter to better position your finger where it should be on the trigger and facilitates more consistent pulls from shot to shot. It also feels more natural during the pull itself.

The Gunfighter is overbuilt to say the least. The shoe itself is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum. They finish it in Mil-Spec type III hard coat anodize, which will provide a lifetime of use and abuse. It is held in place with two 420 stainless steel coil pins. Those pins boast a 550lb breaking strength. Told you it was overbuilt. Each trigger includes a new, hand polished Glock OEM trigger bar which is hand polished and DLC coated.

The trigger exhibited minimal creep to it. When it came to its “break”, it did so very crisply and consistently during the 500 rounds I’ve run through my 19. The reset was short and predictable. I don’t have a Lyman trigger pull gauge available to measure the actual weight of the pull itself but it’s an incredible improvement over the stock trigger.

Overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the performance of both the barrel and trigger. The correspondence with DEM was prompt and courteous. They returned all of my emails within the same day and answered all of my questions with knowledgeable replies. They were dedicated to getting me what I was looking for to upgrade my G19.

· Registered
11 Posts
That is a sweet looking trigger!
Is there any reduction in the "slack" at the beginning of the trigger pull with this trigger?
I am currently running a McGlock trigger which is also flat faced and a little wider that the OEM trigger shoe.
There is an adjustment set screw to reduce/increase the takeup on the trigger pull.
Thanks for the review!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no pre travel adjustment, it was designed as a combat trigger so it's a drop in and go. There is a little take up before hitting a distinct wall, then the trigger breaks. I love it!

· Registered
1,786 Posts
Nice! I just put a smooth faced G17 GEN3 Trigger on my G19 GEN 4. .25 cent trigger job, 3.5 Ghost connector and it made for a fine carry trigger. Gun was plenty accurate with the standard barrel. In fact surprisingly accurate. tricked up a couple of my other guns though. Choice is a good thing. Enjoy!

· Registered
756 Posts
I have one in my cart right now and would like to try it out.Its hard for me to buy something I cant find any reviews on without the feeling ill end up being the R&D guinea pig.Its very similar in shape to salients trigger(I like that) without the crazy cost associated with me sending my handgun to them for fitting.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark2Glock,
I didn't ask about other platforms because I was looking to improve my 19, but Ben was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Give him an email I'm sure he can answer any questions you may have. I would like to get one of their barrels for my 21! I ordered another trigger this morning and got on the wait list for a TiN dimpled, threaded G17 barrel!

· Registered
756 Posts
ehh for $125 ill give it a shot because I wanted a flat face anyway.Ill shoot a couple hundred rounds through it the day I get it and give it a honest review.I have a few zev/glockstore pieces I can mix and match with it later on to see what I can come up with.

· Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the review jtdam24.

Not only does our attention to detail surpass products in the industry, we stand behind our product 100%. We offer a lifetime warranty and free shipping on all of our parts and accessories.

We rigorously test each product in-house, then send it out to well known instructors and people in the industry for further testing and evaluation before it is released.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

· Cuhootnified Roamer
11,881 Posts
It seems to function as well as it looks. Very nice.
Thanks for posting.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,005 Posts
I

If I was wrong to post that information, I can surely delete it.
I was only trying to let people know we are expanding our line.
Anymore, I no longer am aware of what is or is not appropriate, vendors are soliciting directly and through other members, you are the second supplier today, I suppose its good business for the Forum but my needs do not favor an abundance of aftermarket parts. If someone in authority objects I am sure you will get a note.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anymore, I no longer am aware of what is or is not appropriate, vendors are soliciting directly and through other members, you are the second supplier today, I suppose its good business for the Forum but my needs do not favor an abundance of aftermarket parts. If someone in authority objects I am sure you will get a note.
It may be my fault I emailed DEM with a link to this thread explaining that fellow members are asking about barrels for other calibers and suggested they may want to chime in and answer those questions.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.