·
Registered
14,023 Posts
May I be the first to say

"So that's why Detroit is bankrupt".

·
No Demlibtards
1,463 Posts
Too bad they can't, or haven't yet, pinned the prostitutes murder on him. Supposedly she was at a large party at the mayors mansion when something went wrong or she saw something. Then sometime later, she was killed to keep quiet.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Come on guys - this is just the democrats getting their "street cred" so he can run for Pres. later on. He'll be a shoo-in to the mouth breathing crowd.

·
Sleep-deprived
808 Posts
Obama should just pardon him and have a Kwame + Michelle ticket for 2016. I mean, why bother even pretending anymore?

·
Registered
30,327 Posts
I may have missed it but did the article say he is a Democrat?

I guarantee if he was a Republican every other paragraph would say it.

Now you know, with the constant cover-up, this guy must really be bad for the Democrats to throw him to the Wolves.
They would call Charles Manson just a misguided youth if he was a Democrat politician.

·
Huge Member
11,502 Posts

Now you know, with the constant cover-up, this guy must really be bad for the Democrats to throw him to the Wolves.
They would call Charles Manson just a misguided youth if he was a Democrat politician.
Ever hear of a Republican named "Kwame"? I thought not.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
He'll probably be out in 5.
Initial research (i.e. quick Google) leads me to believe that Judge Nancy Edmunds is a federal court judge and rumor has it that a considerable numer of federal prisoners serve a considerable portion of their sentences.

·
Huge Member
11,502 Posts
Initial research (i.e. quick Google) leads me to believe that Judge Nancy Edmunds is a federal court judge and rumor has it that a considerable numer of federal prisoners serve a considerable portion of their sentences.
Normally he would have to serve a third of his sentence ( 9 years) before he was eligible for parole. He was convicted in federal court so he will likely serve much longer, at least half or more.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I was led to believe that many federal prisoners serve ~85%

·
Registered
7,094 Posts

You've noticed that too, huh? It seems that if the miscreant politician's party affiliation isn't mentioned in the first or second paragraph, it's usually pretty safe to conclude that they have a 'D' after their name. The 'D' part will be (perhaps, or perhaps not, as in this case...) casually tossed in somewhere in the last third of the story (you know, the part that's in the 'continued on page XX' section that they're hoping folks won't bother to read or will skim quickly at best).

No bias, nothing to see here, just move along.... :whistling:

-Pat

·
Registered
32,852 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

There is no parole in the Federal system, so the only way out of serving your full sentence is a pardon or death.

I forget the exact process, but there is a "good behavior" calculation that basically turns a "year" in federal prison to 10 months, or something like that. That might be where the 85% number comes from.

Edit:

Hey look! there is a calculator.

http://federal-prison.org/sentence-calculator/

Kwame will have to serve 286 months, getting approximately 2 years off for good behavior.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Rumor has it one or three convicts who are very familiar with state sentencing have been somewhat shocked when they learn that their federal sentence means they will spend a subtantial amount if it actually in prison.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts