close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Desert Shooting or Range

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by jr240sx, Jan 26, 2012.

1. jr240sx

jr240sx

Hello everyone from AZ!!! My question is do you like to shoot at the range(indoor or out) or is the desert/great out doors?

I love shooting outside, talking to friends or family(I never go shooting alone), and relaxing and having fun, and trying out different shooting drills...

What about everyone else...

2. intenseneal

intenseneal

It depends on what I am doing. If I am sighting in a gun or wanting to shoot for groups, accuracy or long range I go to the range. I perfer Rio Salado outdoor rang its a great range and has steel out to 300 all you need is a gun, ammo, eye and hearing protection everything is there for you. I have a membership and plan to expand on the perks offered to members. For fun, holster drills, moved and shoot and just plinking I go to the desert. I will also do some clay shooting in the desert. I mostly go out to Sycamore Creek or 4 Peaks. However as I qualify for membership range privileges my holster and mo e and shoot will move out if the desert and to the range.

3. VIR SPECUS

VIR SPECUS

As stated it depends, for long range the desert as the 338 LM likes to run far. Do go to PRGG at south mountain but mostly after work to check my loads out. For running and gunning I also go out to the desert. So depending on the flavor of the day it is great to have a choice.

4. Taco Junkie

Taco Junkie Female bicycle seat thief

Long drive to the desert from here.

5. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    Yeah, 2150, but it's worth it and I'm overdue for a return.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. dudel

dudel

Outdoor range.

7. DADoser

DADoser

I've just gotten back into shooting over the last year. Typically I would shoot in the dessert - however a trip to the dessert was about more than shooting. A friend of mine and I would go out for a half day and just get away - relaxing outdoors away from job and other stresses. Shooting was a big part of it - but mostly just hung out, catch up, and shoot.

Recently, I joined a shooting club that was a great deal and included range time at C2. Now my perspective is that if the sole purpose is shooting - I'm heading to C2 for an hour. If its to shoot, socialize, and get away from the city - I'm dessert bound.

Take care -