Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the Cabelas in Dundee, MI. have had a G26, G27 and a G19 in a cheap looking desert camo. Even the slide is covered. The guy at the counter said it is a factory option, which I know it is not. They've been sitting on these things for at least a year or more and they still want over MSRP for them and they are selling them as new weapons. Is it still really a "New" gun if it's had some kind of after market coating on it? Has anyone else seen one of these at another Cabelas?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
They have a digital desert camo G27 at the Cabelas in Kansas City that has been there for at least a year. When I asked the guy behind the counter he said that they get their firearms from a wide variety of vendors, and this is an option available at one of these. They are asking close to 700.00 for this "custom" job, but it is one of the most poorly done finished I have ever seen. I have no pictures, but it looks like a camo tape was applied to the entire weapon. It is even starting to peel off on the edges of the slide!

·
The one & only
1,571 Posts
They had some here at the Cabelas in Ft. Worth, didn't see them the last time I was there though. I believe they were asking $699 for them :faint:

·
Registered
122 Posts
definitely not a Glock option,
it more of a liquid dip. i saw it on TV a couple of weeks ago. its how the shotguns /rifles are done. if not prepped properly it will begin to peel. possible as mentioned above

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I saw a Mossberg 500 at Dick's recently in Desert Camo. Seemed like kind of a waste to me. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that to a Glock.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not a Glock option. These were a special run done by a large Glock distributor Accusport. The actual finishing was done by Dynamic Finishes (http://www.dynamicfinishes.com/

As I understand it, the finish is done by a water transfer process and isn't very durable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts