DeSantis Intruder IWB Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Shima, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Shima

Shima

Has anyone tried this holster or know anybody that has? It looks like a mixture of the things I like about both the Crossbreed and MTAC. It has the wide backing of the Crossbreed and a kydex shell that looks more like the MTAC. I just don't like the fact that it appears to have kydex clips vs steel ones. The price is great and almost as low as those cheap looking Kholsters. What do you think? BTW, it's $54.99 at Midway USA.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I wouldn't mind trying one. It looks pretty nice. And if you don't like the kydex clips, you can replace them.

3. Shima

Shima

Yep. That's what I was thinking. I can put my metal Crossbreed clips on it.

4. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

It is a great holster. The clips are kydex but they are made very well, and are heavy duty. If they were to break, they are only $4.95 for a set of two. I think Comp-tac wants $17.00 for two and their clips are flimsy in comparison.

I just got one of the Intruders, so I havent had much time with it yet, but so far it is a quality holster and is comfortable.

5. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

It looks interesting. I may try one.

6. PaulMason

PaulMason

How is the pull out of the holster - how much force does it take to get out of the kydex?

7. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

The fit is nice. There is enough tension to hold the gun in the holster upside down......if you dont shake it. I think it is perfect. Its is not as tight as the Comp-Tac holster that I had. The Comp-Tac was a bit too tight for my taste. Of course when you have it IWB, your belt will add some additional retention benefits.

8. xICEMANx

xICEMANx

looks nice without breaking the bank. Id be interested to hear more reviews on this holster myself. It's fairly new on the market correct?

9. ricklee4570

ricklee4570