Deputy Down Clackamas County Oregon

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by EA Sports, Feb 14, 2010.

1. EA Sports

EA Sports

News Release from: Clackamas Co. Sheriff's Office
    THE CLACKAMAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE EXTENDS SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO ALL THE VICTIM FAMILIES
    Posted: February 13th, 2010 5:00 PM

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office
    Jim Strovink, Detective
    Office of Public Information
    12700 SE 82nd Avenue, Clackamas, Oregon 97015

News Release

On Friday evening, February 12th, startled Clackamas County Sheriff's Office personnel and our community were made aware of a tragic death investigation being conducted by investigators of the Gresham Police Department.

This heartbreaking event has resulted in multiple victims. Our devoted members of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office wish to express and extend their sincere condolences to ALL the victim families involved that have received the blazing brunt of this heartbreaking event.

It is with a great deal of remorse, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office acknowledges the off duty death of Sgt. Jeffrey A. Grahn, age 46. Jeffrey Grahn was first hired by the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office in February, 1995, and promoted to the rank of Sergeant in August, 2003.

With the utmost reverence extended to the involved victim families and to the integrity of the ongoing death investigation conducted by the Gresham Police Department, please continue to direct all media inquiries concerning this ongoing death investigation to the Gresham Police Department. [END]

Unfortunately, Sgt. Grahn was the shooter in the murder suicide involving his wife and two of her female friends. He was a good cop going through a bad time. Sadly, the comment boards in the local media are blowing up with rants by cop haters.
    Just a reminder to take care of yourselves and each other both on and off the job.

http://www.oregonlive.com/gresham/index.ssf/2010/02/clackamas_county_sheriffs_serg.html

2. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

He is not an officer down. he is just a murderer that took his own life after killing other people.

3. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Agreed. If your response to "a bad time" is killing other people then yourself, you're not a "good cop." You're a ****bag. You're a criminal and a murderer, and that's how you should be remembered. There is no excuse for this. Period.

4. pgg00

pgg00

Ditto

5. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jeff was my first EVOC instructor, and took me under his wing when I was first off of FTEP. At one time, he was a GREAT cop. What happened last night is so far out of character for him, I was disbelieving of the first reports I heard. The Jeff that I know, wasn't in that restaurant last night, I have no idea what happened to him, but he wasn't there.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those poor women, and Jeff's kids. This has to be a nightmare for them.

6. Stopdropnroll

Stopdropnroll Millennium Member

Also knew Jeff...Every day I ever spent with him, he was a caring, concerned lawman and a good guy to have on deck.

This is a terribly sad senseless, ...there are no words or answers.

My thoughts go out to his 4 children and everyone of our lawmen, who still had to go to work and just do thier jobs today....

Be safe. SDnR

7. Morris

Morris CLM

Rather odd similarity to David Brame.

My thoughts to those that worked with him and must now deal with the shock and stupid comments that will be said.

8. 4949shooter

4949shooter

He may have been a good guy at one time but unfortunately for some reason he snapped.

I would agree he is not deserving of an officer down thread.

My condolences to his family and the families of his victims.

9. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

10. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Prayers to all his victims.

I don't know what caused this tragic event to reach the point where it did, but I'm sure being a LEO didn't make it any easier.

11. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Bad situation for all involved. In dealing with his troubles inadequately. he affected precious life. Prayers for all involved.

12. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

x2 :whistling:

13. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

14. Dragoon44

I have seen more than one guy that was a good cop up until he suddenly imploded and destroyed his career and in some cases their life.

And the common denominator in those instances was always a woman.

15. Narco1026.5

Narco1026.5

The guy should go down and be remembered as a brutal murderer. Period.

I have never seen a good guy suddenly go bad. There was always a trail of misdeeds that could have been tracked, if one were looking close enough. I am sure it will come out.

On another note, I see where the local media has zeroed in on some of your comments.....

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february142010/shooting_deputy.php

16. Dragoon44

Damn right, my sympathies are with the victims not the killers.

17. Pepper45

Pepper45

Let me set the record straight, I have zero sympathy for Jeff Grahn. He made his own choices, no one forced him to do anything. It's just very difficult to come to terms with the idea that a guy you knew to be a good guy, a cop's cop, going that far out of character and committing such heinous acts.

There are guys on the job, I could see possibly going off the rails someday. Not to the extent that they'd harm someone, but to the extent that they might shelve their careers in a bitter divorce, or get themselves in too much trouble with booze or money problems. Jeff wasn't that kind of guy. That's why this is really coming out of left field for me.

18. Dragoon44

I don't think that anyone here thinks you have sympathy for a killer, My comment was not aimed at you, but more to the tone of the reporter.

It is entirely understandable for someone with a personal connection to the individual in question to feel that is not the person they knew.

19. Detectorist

Detectorist

Spoken as a man of true wisdom.

20. trifecta

trifecta

I would have thought the common denominator was a cop that went crazy. Lot's of us have a wife or girlfriend and never turn into a wack job.