close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deputy Commander of the 82nd Airborne Div in hot water..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

What's the, "...almost unheard of" part? HH

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

I learned early on in the Army, that if you're an E6 or higher, you are almost untouchable.

Officers are no exception. He'll get an LOR, and be on his merry way to retirement with full benefits. Trust me. I've seen an E8 get bailed out of jail for beating his wife to a pulp, only to be "retired" instead of facing UCMJ.

Above, are a few of the many reasons I'm getting out of the .MIL.

Double standards and favoritism are rampant. The "good ole' boys" club is alive and well. Its not what you know, but WHO you know these days.

As least in the civilian world, I can start looking for another job......or just say "**** it" and go to my back-up plan. :whistling:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  3. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman BLR Silver Member

I think the almost unheard of part is a General possibly being court-marshalled. It's pretty darn rare.

An article 32 hearing is similar to a preliminary hearing in a civil criminal court.

It is usually the hearing before a general court martial though other things can happen as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_32_hearing

4. arclight610

arclight610

That's how it is everywhere. I just got beat out in a job interview by a guy that came in wearing board shorts and a t-shirt, barely passing his classes, and looked half drunk. I wore a suit, aced the interview, and am about to graduate summa cum laude in engineering. He probably liked the same sports team that the hiring manager did or something.

5. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

All he has to do is claim he's gay and being prosecuted for his sexual orientation... :rofl:

6. Detectorist

Detectorist

I've got news for you. It's much worse outside the military. Much worse.

7. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

You can also say "**** you, I quit!".

Sure, you have to deal with the consequences of doing that, but they're not the same.

8. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Not gonna argue with that! How do you think I've landed my last three jobs?.....

I've applied to hell and hi water all over recently, landed my most recent gig because I knew somebody just that simple. I applied at subway and couldnt even get a call back from them to atleast say FU!

I've been trying to get on with the VA for a few years and I'm sure that's never gonna happen because I'm not military or dependent.

9. Detectorist

Detectorist

One of the skills I regret not learning better in life is networking.

10. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

then he's untouchable.

11. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Do you think I don't know this? :dunno:

I'm a man of principle. I'll work 3 part-time jobs before I have to kiss ass to get by.

You can take a man's money, his time, and his tangible items, however, you cannot take a man's honor, integrity, or dignity.

That's the issue today- people are willing to give up their honor and dignity.

I'm becoming a LEO upon ETS. TRUST ME. I am already preparing myself for the bull**** I'll have to endure, and the fact that I'll be working in a "glass house" so-to-say.

I'm not becoming a LEO for the money, I'm becoming a LEO because I want to help people, and have no issues putting my life at risk for someone I'll probably never meet again, or even know.

There's a certain kind of pride in knowing you're helping people. I cannot contently sit behind a desk like some can.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  12. pugman

pugman

I guess if you are over there long enough...dem boys start lookin' pretty good.

Issue Hookers to all bases - problem solved :supergrin::supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  13. raven11

raven11

Gate 2 Kadena AFB :whistling:

14. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

off limits to Marines sir.... least when I was there.

15. raven11

raven11

A Marine that played by the rules

should have joined the AF

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Back in the days General Sheridan said that a soldier who won't F, won't fight.

17. razageorge

razageorge

He'll get the required slap on the wrist and be on his merry way. Remember what happened to the other officer, the full bird who just about violated every UCMJ regulation?

Nothing.

18. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

I disagree. First, his career is over. He will never be a Major General. He will never command a Division.

Second, he is facing an Article 32 investigation. That's the first step towards a Court Martial. He'll go to trial if there are the article 32 hearing finds there are serious charges. I guarantee it.

Senior NCOs and Leaders in the Army face more scrutiny than junior enlisted men. An officer or senior NCO who comes up hot on a urinalysis will be GONE in 2 weeks. A junior enlisted servicemember will get an article 15 and have an opportunity to continue to serve and overcome the issue. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I've seen COL's and LTC's relieved from command and forced to resign for problems involving sex with a junior enlisted person in the command. Saw a Squadron Commander (LTC) relieved from command and forced to resign his commission after it was discovered he was sleeping with the wife of a junior officer in the command.

I've seen dozens of officers loose their commissions for DUI.

My First Sergeant (E8) was prosecuted and convicted upon return from Desert Storm because he attempted to smuggle some AK's back from Iraq.

I've seen more than a few senior NCOs and Officers loose their positions and careers for things like this. I've even seen some go to jail. Doesn't happen a lot. But if you stick around the military enough you'll see it.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

An "E6 or higher" untouchable? Are you sure you're really in the Army? I've never been to a part of it where E6 was an exalted and untouchable rank, beyond privates in basic training.:rofl:

Thanks, now I feel godlike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.