Depolicing in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Oct 12, 2018.

1. ronduke

ronduke

"The sustained cycle of violence that has gripped the city since 2015, when the annual number of homicides soared above 300 for three consecutive years after the unrest that followed Freddie Gray’s death from injuries suffered in police custody."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-battipaglia-not-guilty-20181011-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-fbi-data-20180924-story.html

I wonder what the murder rate will become after this reminder of "support" from Mosby, to members of the Baltimore PD? How many more cops are going to be saying, "FIDO"? Or, "it's not what you don't do that gets you in trouble, it's what you do do, that gets you in trouble."

If the current murder rate in Baltimore is 56 per 100,000, I wonder if it will get even worse after this?

Bruce M, KingWalleye and DonGlock26 like this.
  2. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

They will get the police department they want. No action that may cause them to be arrested.
    Make war on your police and see what happens. Baltimore opted to play first. Seattle and Portland seem to be in the game as well.

Sgt127, Bruce M, janice6 and 3 others like this.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Enjoy, Democrats.

janice6 and B C like this.
  4. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Chicago is right behind them.

janice6 likes this.
  5. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

B-More is the new Shy-Town

And they ALL deserve what they get.

Bottom line

janice6 likes this.
  6. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

A Democratic paradise

janice6 likes this.
  7. igor455

igor455

When I policed in Baltimore we were the police. Now the folks thanks to mosby just write reports and do not get involved so much. I can't blame them how many commissioners in how many months staffing levels. Really down. There are good police there but if you do anything the states attornies the dept brass. The citizens do not support the police. Crime is up murders are up and citizens don't understand. Some of that is working its way down to the counties
    During my 40 years I was the police always tried to do so

8. janice6

janice6

I guess Baltimore had better get used to calling a criminal for help, since they don't trust or back up their police.

You get what you fight for. My sympathy is with the cops. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Screw'em.

9. Dynactus

Dynactus The wind serenades a purified man.

Hope and Change we can believe in.
    [​IMG]

10. CAcop

CAcop

I prefer to call it defensive policing. Like defensive driving. Follow all the rules. Take your time. Act when you are certain you can act. No working in the gray.

Ohio Cop and fastbolt like this.
  11. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Well remember that over 1/2 of Chicago either never gets a homicide or might get one or two a year. And very few shootings. Actually large tracts of it never even get a shooting.

But they do get a boatload of home invasions, burglarys, and stick ups. This is in a trendy area the Cubs play ball in of million $ homes. http://www.cwbchicago.com/?m=1 All that money and you still have to worry about the boogy man coming to get you.

Thank God I have that German crocodile. He doesn't like unannounced visitors, especially when his Mama is home.