close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dented Rims... AARRGGHH

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by sushi600, May 27, 2007.

1. sushi600

sushi600 What smells?

Took a huge pothole (should have paid more attention) and dented the rims on both the left and right sides. It's deep and tire doesn't hold air anymore. Anyone have any tips/secrets on where I can order rims cheap (with a value of under $2K I'm surprised that the bill looks to be $500+) or have then repaired?

2. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

I have had aluminum wheels for a car repaired and have been satisfied with the results. The price to pay for a failure on a bike is higher. I do not know if I would have them repaired or not.

3. sushi600

sushi600 What smells?

Yeah, I'm kinda on the wall about having them repaired also...

I figure if it's less than $150 to get them repaired, then the money I save can be applied towards another one ;) (this one already is pretty much a commuter bike).

4. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Personally I'd look for a used set for your bike. Ebay can be your friend at times like this. Or if there is an online forum dedicated to your bike, you might ask and find a set there.

5. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

motorcycle parts finder . com might be of help to you.

You type in what you need, and salvage yards contact you with prices. I've used it in the past with great luck.

6. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

i had a 800 dollar front wheel repaired. It was aluminum and i to took a bad pothole, actually cracked the dang thing.. I found a guy on the web (in NC i believe) who repaires em, even has pics of before and after. Did a great job, cost me like 225 with the shipping. wheel as good as new when i got it back..
    have since sold the bike.. gave that guy the info.. but you could find it pretty easy
    Wolfy

7. sushi600

sushi600 What smells?

Thanks for the replies. Tried a google search for motorcycle parts finder . com (actual site without spaces is a spam domain) and came up with a few... not sure which ones are trustworthy.

(Also looked for "dented rims north carolina motorcycle repair" on google and nothing related came up)

Just realized... if I purchase a new OEM rim, would I be able to use the old axle, bearings, etc? Want to be safe, but at the same time on a budget and want to factor in all costs. Also, I know nothing aside from changing the oil and coolant, so any tips are appreciated.