1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Descent Terminated
33,324 Posts
:steamed:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Back during SCOTUS arguments over legality of the Affordable Care Act, Roberts made a great comment: “Please don’t expect the Supreme Court to fix your mistakes at the ballot box”. Americans get the government they deserve...

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
“Please don’t expect the Supreme Court to fix your mistakes at the ballot box”.
Unless some commie lawyer appears before us and argues that those mistakes take votes away from a Democrat. Then we'll contort the facts and law in any shape necessary so we can legislate from the bench.

·
Registered
13,352 Posts
I hope to someday find out what they are blackmailing Roberts with
Roberts practically walked into the SCOTUS bench with hardly a peep from the D's, compared to others that followed. We should have been aware then that the fix was in. The D's always know what they are getting when they nominate SCOTUS judges, hard line leftists. The R's get snookered sometimes. Like Roberts.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
I hope to someday find out what they are blackmailing Roberts with
Nothing. Roberts just revels in letting the public reap what it has sown.

Roberts simply thinks that if your legislators do dumb*** stupid things, but that are not unconstitutional, and you keep voting for them, then you should be neither surprised not dismayed with what you receive. Sort of the judicial version of tough love: Congress does policy; the Courts just do legality. Wisdom doesn’t enter into it.

Nor does the survival of the Republic. This decision has just handed Pennsylvania to the Democrats. Regardless of what MI does, Biden’s win is now guaranteed.

It seems we could not, in the year 2020, keep our Republic.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Nothing. Roberts just revels in letting the public reap what it has sown.

Roberts simply thinks that if your legislators do dumb*** stupid things, but that are not unconstitutional, and you keep voting for them, then you should be neither surprised not dismayed with what you receive. Sort of the judicial version of tough love: Congress does policy; the Courts just do legality. Wisdom doesn’t enter into it.

Nor does the survival of the Republic. This decision has just handed Pennsylvania to the Democrats. Regardless of what MI does, Biden’s win is now guaranteed.

It seems we could not, in the year 2020, keep our Republic.
Ooh ooh! Let me guess...

We do nothing about it.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Ooh ooh! Let me guess...

We do nothing about it.
Revolutions have been fought over lesser transgressions. We shall see what transpires.

(This is not legal advice.)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts