Democrats in Disarray

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Feb 22, 2017.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Political reporters seem to be deliberately avoiding the biggest post-election story for Democrats -- the fact that the party has no leadership.

Since canning Debbie Wasserman Schultz after their convention in July, Democrats have not had a leader.

They brought in Donna Brazile as interim chairman, but nearly four months after Hillary Clinton's historic humiliation on Election Night -- no one before ever blew a consensus 98% chance of winning -- the party has no one organizing or raising funds for the party nationally.

Media stories are confined to things Keith Ellison and other contenders say, but ignore the glaring fact that the party has no leader, and has not had one for months.

Why isn't Robby Mook the chairman? He ran Hillary's campaign. He's young. He's gay. He hits enough of the right demographic targets for the party. Competence does not matter. Witness Debbie Wasserman Schultz's lengthy tenure.

Ellison scares me. He seems like an astute observer of the body politic.

The reason Ellison has not gotten the nod is money.

He is a Muslim and the Democratic money men do not want the party to acquire that identity just yet. Considering the money men are largely white and nominally Christian, perhaps they tire of hearing their sex, their race, and their religion bashed by the party they support.

The Clinton-Obama feud also plays into this. Obama is content with his own party, Organizing for Action, which is raising money, training ground crews, and having a jolly time holding media-friendly demonstrations.

The reporters who know the inside scoop are noticeably silent, having learned nothing from the past election.

Fine. Had these reporters treated the Democratic Party with anything but kid gloves, the party would have had to punch back, which would have made it look like something other than a bunch of spoiled entitled brats.

So it is in my best interest to let the reporters pretend there is no story here. That helps Republicans.

But I am curious as to why the party still has no chairman.

Meanwhile, Republicans have a new chairman and roll on.

From the Daily Caller:
    The Republican National Committee filed a record setting $19.8 million January FEC report on Monday, The Daily Caller has learned. The $19.8 million makes January the best post-election fundraising month in RNC history. “I am encouraged by the historic support shown by Americans across this country as our Party unites under President Trump,” said RNC chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel. “It is clear our message of bringing change to all people is resonating, and I am committed to harnessing this momentum as we continue to build on the successes we earned in 2016. The RNC has never been better equipped to champion the Republican agenda and use these resources to grow our majorities in 2018.” Politics is cyclical.

However, nothing extends a part's down cycle better than incompetence and neglect. If Democrats cannot elect a chairman, they cannot elect a president. They already are behind in the 2020 race.

Reince Priebus was the best party chairman in my life. On his watch, Republicans had a renaissance not seen since the 1920s. Now he is in the White House as chief of staff. Someday, he just may be in that seat behind the Resolute Desk.

https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/02/democrats-in-disarray.html

The Machinist likes this.
  2. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

I have trouble seeing Priebus as anything other than the guy who presided over 8 years of RINO nothingburgers. ... :frown:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    hogship and The Machinist like this.

3. JFrame

JFrame

At the moment, it seems that the mainstream media IS the Democrat party... o_O

jeanderson, hogship and The Machinist like this.
  4. holyjohnson

holyjohnson probably on theboresite.com right now.

i got that sinking feeling when Priebus was named Chief of Staff too,especially after reading the post `12 election report recommendations.
    i say give him a year to show he has sway over Republicans in Congress and Senate if so great.
    if not he`s gone and not in charge of the RNC any longer

5. holyjohnson

watch CNN`s debate tonight to see who the Democratic party is looking at.
    please let it be Ellison.

6. Paul7

Paul7

Democratic Party = dumpster fire.

:thumbsup:

7. Paul7

Paul7

How about Maxine Waters?

8. holyjohnson

maybe just her wig??