Democratic Presidential Candidates React to #AssaultatSpringValleyHigh

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Oct 31, 2015.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

2. dartor

dartor

And:
    There is no place for disrespecting authority in the school either.

nursetim likes this.

3. janice6

janice6

This is a predictable contest between juvenile rebellion and authority.

We used to be able to predict the outcome, not anymore. Discipline is as important as respect for others, in our society. Society is morphing into something else.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/management-rewired/201005/changing-the-mind-the-mule

"A farmer was enormously proud of his mule and constantly bragged to his neighbors how obedient it was. "All you have do is ask politely, and it will do whatever you want."

Having heard this before, one of his neighbors was having nothing of it this time. "All mules are stubborn," he said, " and I don't believe yours is any different."

"But my mule is different," said the farmer. "It's well-behaved, and all you have to do is ask nicely and it will do whatever you want."

"I still don't believe you," the neighbor retorted. "Show me."

So the farmer took him out to the barn, and there in a stall at the back was the mule. Just as they walked up to it, the farmer leaned down, picked up a two-by-four, and smacked the mule over the head.

Stunned, his neighbor asked, "What are you doing? I thought you said your mule was obedient and would do whatever you asked?"

"Ah, yes," the farmer answered, "but you've got to get its attention first."

nursetim likes this.