close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Delta Force by Col. Charles Beckwith. The true account...

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Jack23, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

...of the failed attempt to rescue the hostages from Iran during the Jimmy Carter administration. '81 or '82 I think.

It is an amazing recounting of the events that lead up to the attempt. How the team was formed and what uncontrollable circumstances contributed to it's failure.

Do yourself a favor...READ IT!

I saw the author on Ted Kopel late one night when I was about half way through the book. The good Colonel was made a fool of by Kopel and his message, his skills, and his dedication to the safety of the American people around the world was turned into a joke by Kopel. I have despised the man ever since.

We need more guys like Col. Beckwith in the armed forces today. :soap:

2. PaulBk

PaulBk Grumpy Grandpa

Beckwith's book was good, but "Inside Delta Force : The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit" by ERIC HANEY is even better.

Written in the first person from the perspective of a founding Delta SGT it details the day to day activities from Delta selection to well past Col. Beckwith's exit after the Iran hostage debacle. Haney's writing style was also easier for me to read.

GREAT BOOK - Highly recommended

-PB

3. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Thanks a lot Paul, for the heads-up. I WILL be checking that one out. It sounds great!