Dell XPS notebook wireless problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by williamN, Sep 14, 2007.

1. williamN

williamN

I am getting excellent signal strength ( netgear ) but when I try to get on the internet the home page doesn't load all the way. The tool bar and favorites are there but nothing else.

The wireless is working as a relative gets on the internet fine with his laptop.

BTW, the Dell had no problem until my son loaned it to his mom. When we got it back a wek or so later it would not connect. Asking her if she did anything would be a waste of time :upeyes:

Any suggestions?

2. GlockMan40s&w

GlockMan40s&w MS Glocker

Have you done a system restore on it yet ??

Start-programs- accessories- systems tools- system restore.

Try to go back when it was last working.

3. vanderson

vanderson Guest

Sounds like some packet loss... do a sys restore and see how that fairs.

4. williamN

williamN

We already did the restore. I thought that would do it too.

Any other suggestions?

TIA!!

5. GlockMan40s&w

GlockMan40s&w MS Glocker

1st, if you have the little icon in your system tray of the network icon, right-click on it and see what it says, check your status, if no connection, click repair, not sure what netgear looks like since I'm running a linksys router for my wireless connection. You can most of the time get it back on.
    [​IMG]
    2nd
    You might go into your device manager and look at the network adapter and see if it is working correctly, sometimes people disable stuff without knowing what they are doing.

Make sure it doesn't have a red X on your wireless device.

Right click on my computer and select properties, Hardware- device manager, click on the + symbol besides network adapters. See if it says your device is working properly.

You can right click on your adapter and check to update your driver and see if that helps, or you might have to uninstall and reboot, when windows restart it will find the device and try to install the driver for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps.