Deleteing a post????????

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Carolina Drifter, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

How do I delete a post that's been running to long and I want to take it off????????

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Use the Edit/Delete button in the lower right corner of the post.

:cool:

3. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Tried that and the you don't have permission deal comes up.

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

You cannot delete an entire subject thread, just any/all text in any post YOU made. Click "edit/delete" and erase all the text but the final period (I think you have to leave SOMETHING so the "submit" button has something to save).

If it's a For Sale post, folks usually change it to "Sold! Thanks for looking!" or something similar.

If a thread you started has gotten way off track, you can try to gently steer it back by saying "Thanks for the suggestions, folks, but I really need _________". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If the thread has REALLY gone astray, you can PM the Moderator in that area, tell him/her that you got what you needed from the thread and it is getting way off-track, and ask them if they would consider closing it. This usually is a last resort, reserved for threads that have absolutely no redeeming qualities, so unless there truly is a problem, just let it die quietly from lack of attention.