Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sounds like you have a gunsmith fit version of their barrel. It will require some filing and fitting. There should be some videos on youtube to help you. Or you can call the company and ask them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Update.
Did you purchase a drop in 9mm barrel or a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel? Did you by a G19 slide or a G23 slide? I do not see a gunsmith fit style on the web site so something does not match up. Contact the company.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I contacted the company (LoneWolf Distributers) and they said to set up an account with them to start to process a return under the warranty (I purchased it from CheaperThanDirt). LoneWolf has a new website, and I couldn't set up the account because of issues on their new website. They set it up for me, and I contacted them back after they sent me an email saying the account is set up to ask how to process the return now that I have an account set, and they stopped responding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have any snap caps?

When I have had feeding issues in the past I have used 5 to 6 snap caps to narrow it down to the mag. I would imagine that if it won’t feed snap caps, the you know you have a problem.
I tried to get some, but the stores in my area are all sold out. I'm going to have to find some online.

Lonewolf still hasn't responded to me, but today I came across some other posts about people having had problems with the Swenson Glock 19 Gen 3 slides (sold off Midway) with G19 barrels not fitting. This brings me to believe that it is the slide and not the barrel. I'm going to try to get some snap caps though.

If anyone comes across this thread, if your thinking about getting a Swenson G19 slide, there's a lot of mixed reviews out there. Some people have said they are great and no issues. Other's have had nothing but issues. They are cheap (less than $150), so I don't think the manufacturing process is consistent in their manufacturing tolerances or something. I also had a problem with putting the channel liner in, even with a glock channel liner tool.

Should have paid a little more for a better slide. Live and learn. I'll try it out with some snap caps when I can get some, and if it doesn't work out, will be returning the slide to Midway

·
I'm not retired
8,488 Posts
Thanks for the response. It is a g19 barrel, not a conversion barrel.
But it's an Alpha Wollf barrel. It may as well be a conversion barrel 'cause it's not OEM. FWIW, my AW barrels for my G35's are tighter at the rear, top of the barrel hood. I've only shot each barrel maybe 3 mags worth each to test function. They do function, fine, but they've already scrubbed off a lot of the finish on the breech face. I will be taking a little off the top rear of the barrel hood, but not .003. They are drop in, yes, but a tight drop in. Could be part of the reason they are as accurate as they are.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I tried to get some, but the stores in my area are all sold out. I'm going to have to find some online.

Lonewolf still hasn't responded to me, but today I came across some other posts about people having had problems with the Swenson Glock 19 Gen 3 slides (sold off Midway) with G19 barrels not fitting. This brings me to believe that it is the slide and not the barrel. I'm going to try to get some snap caps though.

If anyone comes across this thread, if your thinking about getting a Swenson G19 slide, there's a lot of mixed reviews out there. Some people have said they are great and no issues. Other's have had nothing but issues. They are cheap (less than $150), so I don't think the manufacturing process is consistent in their manufacturing tolerances or something. I also had a problem with putting the channel liner in, even with a glock channel liner tool.

Should have paid a little more for a better slide. Live and learn. I'll try it out with some snap caps when I can get some, and if it doesn't work out, will be returning the slide to Midway
I used a Swenson slide and barrel for a P80 compact build, and had to dress the top locking surface of the barrel (which was nitride...grrrr) a bit to get them to fit.

In my case, it was either the slide or barrel that was out of spec; from hearing about your issue, I'm guessing it's actually the slide.

I will note that the gun with the fitted barrel runs perfectly, and has centered strikes in the primers, so it all worked out.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.