Defunding police will lead to Republican victory this year

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Defunding police will lead to Republican victory this year

BY DOUGLAS SCHOEN, OPINION CONTRIBUTORS

In the wake of the death of George Floyd, protests have swept the nation, calling for overdue systemic reforms in law enforcement mechanisms. It is clear that immediate action must be taken to reform the police, given that inaction in the last half century has allowed racist and brutal measures to stand. However, the idea from Democrats to defund or abolish the police entirely is dangerous from any political and practical perspective.

If Democrats persist with this rhetoric about disbanding law enforcement in the midst of the pandemic and the protests, which have at times been violent or involved looting, then they will be playing right into the hands of President Trump and will increase his chances to win the election this year. Ultimately, calling to reduce the police will simply make people feel unsafe, insecure, and in my view less likely to vote for Democrats.

But some Democrats in Congress embrace this idea, including Alexandria Ocasio Cortez and Ilhan Omar, who lambasted the police departments in New York and Minneapolis. While his latest leadership failures have forced moderate Republicans and a vast number of independents to move away from Trump, and potentially toward the Democrats, there is little support for defunding the police. This signals that if Democrats continue calling for this action, it could hurt them badly at the polls this November.

Indeed, most Americans do not really want to cut funding for the police. A recent poll on race and justice found less than a fifth of Americans favor a reduction of police departments and more than half of them are opposed. However, a strong majority of Americans support police reform measures to reduce deadly force encounters, including training for police on how to lower conflict and avoid using force, outfitting officers with body cameras, and using an early warning system to identify any problem officers.

This is why Democrats should not advocate for defunding the police.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/501511-defund-the-police-and-republicans-will-win?amp "

Hey Douglas, what the Democrat leadership forgot is that manipulating politicians can lose control of their own mob. Enjoy this summer, k?

2. G17Jake

G17Jake

Load up Minneapolis with Somalis and then disband the police department, What could go wrong. Ilhan Omar clearly hates the USA. She shows that hate when she gets in front of a microphone and talks down to us while smirking at us.

larry_minn, B C, Johnix and 8 others like this.

3. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

4. Intolerant

Intolerant

Elections have consequences. She will NOT be there long. I predict MANY will be removed.

5. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Gosh I sure hope you are correct... but I am doubtful

railfancwb, n2g, robhic and 6 others like this.
  6. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Just tell them body cams are first for budget cuts.

cheygriz, jcm3, spork and 1 other person like this.
  7. Intolerant

Intolerant

The cameras in the patrol units too? How about the cameras capturing license plates as well too?

8. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Sure, why not?

Sell off police guns too, we'll carry airsoft guns for the really violent offenders.

9. Intolerant

Intolerant

Lt, i think the majority of our country see`s more than the news tells us. People are fed up. And defunding of the police, bad idea, too. Wait until someone needs the police, and the police will be magically eating their lunch somewhere. They will continue eating their lunch before the roll on the call. And i guarantee my brother, these police are NOT going to break any speed limits getting to the call. These puke`s like Omar, they will be to blame when all their lie`s & BS isnt working.

robhic likes this.
  10. Intolerant

Intolerant

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooo PW, its water guns for you...lol. I tell ya buddy, they defund the police, good luck having any one of them help anyone. There WILL BE repercussions over defunding. I hope these citys find out real quick what WILL happen when there are no cops left.

BOOSTED12A and PennsWoods like this.
  11. Doc McGlock

Doc McGlock

Aren't these riots and troubles mainly taking place in Democrat states, cities and counties? Don't they control ALL of the funding, hiring, training, etc of the police? Weren't they elected to protect the vermin from being "targeted" by the police?

How is it possible in cities like NYC, LA, Boston, etc have any problems protecting their sheep from the mean Republicans?

At some point, the DOJ must start to hold the MSM for lying, and their partisan,political bias! Until they do, we will continue to get more of the same ****, until their destruction is complete. I do not believe that the 1A was setup to protect a false narrative.

The MSM has been screaming fire in every theater in America!

12. Intolerant

Intolerant

Damn right Doc! This BS is gonna have to get stomped. But it might end up being the GOOD Americans that will have to do the stompin`. I got no problem lacing up my combat boots brother.

robhic and Doc McGlock like this.
  13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Never mind - Minneapolis Police/Somali Pirate Meme might be too "racist" for GT.

QNman, Cambo and Intolerant like this.
  14. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

That sounds about right.

Intolerant likes this.
  15. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

I hope you're wrong. I want her and the rest of "The Squad" there everyday and on television everyday and in the newspapers everyday. I think them helpful to the conservative cause.

16. marchboom

marchboom

And internal affairs investigators will also be returned to regular detective work or pushing a black & white around.

Let Minneapolis be the test platform for this "defund the police" stunt. The rest of the world can watch how democRATs think police work should be done.

I wonder what the new whatever will be called? Community resource group? Friends of the People? Peace People?

I can just see their "uniforms". African colors and fag flag colors.

Come on Minneapolis, we're waiting. So us how it's done.

Intolerant and PennsWoods like this.
  17. as400guy1

as400guy1

Omar just wants more sharia patrols and AOC is stupid enough to want social workers to respond to calls.
    Pull their security.

railfancwb, robhic, fx77 and 2 others like this.
  18. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

I do not believe the idea is to "disband" the Police.... but to year it down and remake it from the ground up with kinder, smarter, woke cops...radical idea/concept for sure...probably much chaos during the remake...and just what & who will these new-hires be?...SJW types?....like I said... could be a huge CF... sure won't be anything like traditional policing....changing times

robhic, Intolerant and ironhead7544 like this.
  19. ricka10

ricka10

I think that the democrats in the swing states will push for ballot harvesting and use that to defeat the republicans... just my humble opinion. ;)

fx77 likes this.
  20. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

I fear they may only take people who fit their politics. Which means people who hate guns and will be happy to take them from us.

Intolerant likes this.