close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Hunting in Indiana...or any hunting in the Hoosier State?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by buckfever34, Jul 17, 2004.

1. buckfever34

buckfever34

Wondering if any fellow Hoosiers had any hunting stories, secrets, spots, or advice they were willing to talk about...

2. sp3worker

sp3worker chief wahoo

I also live in Indiana, about a 1/2 hour south of Ft. Wayne. I just started deer hunting last year. I saw several does that were in shooting distance on opening day, but had only a buck tag. A buddy and I are going to put in for the draw in Big Oaks, do you have any experience hunting there? He hunted Mongo last bow season with no luck, but he said he seen a lot of turkeys.

3. buckfever34

buckfever34

I've never hunted Big Oaks but I do know there are several nice deer taken from there every year. Public Draw Hunts can be horrifying though. Wear lots of orange!! If you ever want to hunt down South, about an hour south of Indy, let me know.

4. Rhinodo99

Rhinodo99 Chilly Willy

I hunt in Greene county. Got my first turkey there this year, after about 10 years of trying. Looks like we get to bow hunt turkey and deer at the same time next year, can't wait.