DEEPSTATE REPORT

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by callihan_44, Dec 9, 2019.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mi...-inspector-general-report-impeachment-hearing

The Justice Department's internal watchdog is set to release a highly anticipated report Monday that is expected to document misconduct -- including the deliberate falsification of at least one key document -- during the investigation into President Trump's 2016 campaign.

At the same time, the report, as described by people familiar with its findings, is expected to conclude there was an adequate basis for opening one of the most politically sensitive investigations in FBI history. It began in secret during Trump’s 2016 presidential run before then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller ultimately took it over.

The report comes as Trump faces an impeachment inquiry in Congress centered on his efforts to press Ukraine to investigate a political rival, Democrat Joe Biden — a probe the president also claimed has been politically biased. The House Judiciary Committee is expected hold a hearing Monday on the inquiry's findings.

The release of Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz's review is unlikely to quell the partisan battles that have surrounded the Russia investigation for years. It's also not the last word: A separate internal investigation continues, overseen by Attorney General Bill Barr and led by U.S. Attorney John Durham. That investigation is criminal in nature, and Republicans may look to it to uncover wrongdoing that the inspector general wasn’t examining.

2. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

they will cover their ass today

if you take heart meds I would skip it

3. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

At the same time, the report, as described by people familiar with its findings, is expected to conclude there was an adequate basis for opening one of the most politically sensitive investigations in FBI history.

^^^ That is ALL the MSM will focus on. The propaganda media will spin this into a positive for Democrats, and will help backup the idea of endless impeachment investigations. Yes, the report will also say the process was flawed, and perhaps fraud was committed on the FISA court, but that will all be swept under the rug.

Unless there are criminal referrals and immediate indictments by Barr, this whole thing will fizzle out fast.

4. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

if barr finds more abuse than this report states they will hammer him for "making up crimes" ....even though barr has more power to dig and extract more information

robhic and Hartford like this.
  5. thewitt

thewitt

if Barr DOESN'T find more than this, he is not doing his job.

robhic, NJ1911, Atomic Punk and 4 others like this.
  6. jr24

jr24

I'm not expecting anything to come of this. Already sounds like they are gonna claim the FBIs spying was predicated just fine (though we all know it was not).

Maybe one or two folks get their wrists slapped and we get to see how the deep state continually protect their own.

Justice is a farce in this country.

(Though I hold out hope to be proved wrong, my hope is razor thin)

7. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

I've been thinking this all along. The paper trails are not nearly as deep as the intent was. When you consider the time spent in national talk shows, newspaper columns, etc, etc., the smear campaign was as organized as it was destructive. Unfortunately, proving intent is difficult, as long as they stick together (which they will). The likes of Comey, Clapper, Brennan and Rice will never face justice.

Some shmuck on the lower end of the totem pole will be hung out to dry. -Likely, whomever they got to sign the FISA certification, repeatedly. -Someone expendable who the "party" will take care of down the road. And YES, the Dems will tout "much ado about nothing."

I had to stop watching Hannity on Fox News, quite some time ago, because every evening broadcast was the same. -Sensationalistic claims of how all of the "smoking guns" would be revealed.

The bigger the hype, the more trivial the product.

Pythonman, jeanderson and jr24 like this.
  8. JFrame

JFrame

Unfortunately, this is part of a lengthy and tiresome process of connecting the dots on the part of anti-Deep Staters (unlike the Democrats, who just make sheit up). Horowitz's internal review hopefully begets John Durham's external investigation...

robhic likes this.
  9. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Based on his recent statements, I believe Barr will pursue the truth. I believe he will pursue prosecution when the truth reveals criminal behavior. I believe he will endure 'hammering' from the left with the strength of a loyal patriot.

10. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I hope you're right, but at this point, I think you're an optimist.

Atomic Punk likes this.
  11. DAKA

DAKA

DEEP STATE I had to WIKIPEDIA it just to be sure exactly what it means...

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  12. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Nothing will happen. The law no longer applies to Congress/the left.

13. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

Optimism is cost free to citizens like us, Dale. National spirit matters, and it comes from us.

Don't give in to naysayers. Believe that Barr will pursue the truth. The good guys must win this fight, and we are their source of strength.

14. azron

azron

Nothing will come of this report.
    The report may indeed say things were bad and dems all the way up to Obama committed felonies but Nothing Will Happen.

15. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Loretta Lynch signed every FISA warrant. What are the chances Barr will go after her? (Hint: Zero to none)

JArthurD and azron like this.
  16. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

nothing will happen. continue to march.

azron likes this.
  17. jr24

jr24

If he has any interest in protecting the image that the justice department is even remotely interested in justice, law and order he better.

But I remain unconvinced he will

18. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

Remember Lois Lerner? -Retired with full bennies.

jeanderson likes this.
  19. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

JFrame likes this.
  20. jr24

jr24

PhotoFeller, happyguy and JFrame like this.