Glock Talk banner

Decisions Decisions (G19/CZS1)

1008 10
I haven't been on these forums for a very long time so hello to everyone!

I am looking for a new 9mm to take to the range and I have it narrowed down to these two options along with pros and cons for each. If anyone has personal experience with either of these and would like to advise against or for either of them I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

GLOCK 19 + MICRO RONI:

If I get this it's specifically so I can put it in a Micro RONI with a stabilizing brace and have highcap mags.

Pros = It's a Glock so there is an endless supply of accessories and magazine options for it.
I can always go from the RONI configuration to just a straight G19 quickly if I need a conceal carry pistol.

Possible Cons = I am not sure on the exact model and generation. I want nothing to do with a Gen 5. I am intrigued with the 19x and the 45 but I just wish they had the coating the Gen 4 had. I have heard horrible things about the nDLC finish on the Gen 5's.

Also since the entire reason I would get this is for the Micro RONI I am a little worried about some reviews with it. It appears the slide release on the RONI doesn't engage the Glock's release.

Because this isn't Glock's natural configuration I am hoping it doesn't compromise the reliability.

So basically if I go this route it would be the G19 Gen 4 and the RONI.

CZ SCORPION EVO 3 S1 PISTOL:

I will of course go with the stabilizing brace if I go with this.

Pros = Great reviews so far with regards to reliability and accuracy. The gun is in the configuration that I want so I don't have to worry about making it something it's not and sacrificing reliability.

Cons = There is no way to turn this into a concealable pistol like the Glock 19.

Even though it has grown in popularity it still doesn't have the same ecosystem of accessories that Glocks have.

I have seen complaints about the safety digging into people's hands while firing (but this does seem easily and cheaply resolved).

The intent is not home protection, personal protection, end of days or zombie apocalypse. I own lots of other guns so I have all of that covered.

I just want something fun and super high capacity that isn't rimfire.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Glock 19 Gen 4 + Micro RONI -or- CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol

• Glock 19 Gen 4 + Micro RONI

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol

Votes: 7 63.6%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,893 Posts
The EVO S1 has an aftermarket replacement or 3 for just about every part so I wouldn’t worry on that score.
The HBI AK mini safeties are pretty awesome replacements for the originals and no more recoil bite.
Got nothing on the Roni.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12 years before your first post. That’s a new record I think.
Actually when I created this account 12 years ago I made a couple of posts because I had recently purchased a 27 and 19 but I was having some failures at the range.

Those had been sold a long time ago and for a while I was kind of anti-Glock.

I now have a 22 and 43 and haven’t had a single issue with either of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually when I created this account 12 years ago I made a couple of posts because I had recently purchased a 27 and 19 but I was having some failures at the range.

Those had been sold a long time ago and for a while I was kind of anti-Glock.

I now have a 22 and 43 and haven’t had a single issue with either of them.

Oops...that was a 27 and a 23.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I handled the CZ the other day at the gun shop with the brace. Things I did not like, lots of plastic,the safety does hit the hand, the mags dont drop need good force to pull it out. I didnt care for the mag release itself and the trigger was very heavy and so was the price $1050!
So that would be a lot of modding to get it where it needs to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I handled the CZ the other day at the gun shop with the brace. Things I did not like, lots of plastic,the safety does hit the hand, the mags dont drop need good force to pull it out. I didnt care for the mag release itself and the trigger was very heavy and so was the price $1050!
So that would be a lot of modding to get it where it needs to be.
The plastic issue is ok for me.
The safety is a fix I know I would have to make.
I wasn’t aware of the magazine issue though.
I also didn’t know the trigger was heavy.
I think I need to see if any of the ranges here rent those.

Thanks for the info!

·
Can't type, don't spell, what's grammar.
1,893 Posts
The Sig MPX pistol w/brace or carbine is a good choice if you don’t plan to suppress it, the CZ is gtg with the suppressor.
If funds allow the new HK SP5K SBR’d would be my choice.

Can dump a fortune into the CZ’s if not carful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Sig MPX pistol w/brace or carbine is a good choice if you don’t plan to suppress it, the CZ is gtg with the suppressor.
If funds allow the new HK SP5K SBR’d would be my choice.

Can dump a fortune into the CZ’s if not carful.
I wish the H&K was in my budget lol

The MPX looks nice and I have seen it at the store but for whatever reason it just didn’t wow me. I will take another look though. Something about Sig...like their classic P226, P229, etc were awesome but none of their newer stuff has appealed to me (although I do use their optics on my Saint Pistol).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.