GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rallies don't matter. We have Covid. The democrats are not going to risk Covid for Biden support. People have already made their choice. It really comes down to Florida, Pennsylvania, Arizona, North Carolina and Ohio

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
"In 53 of the 58 total elections held so far (about 91 percent), the winner of the national popular vote has also carried the Electoral College vote."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election#:~:text=Although the nationwide popular vote,carried the Electoral College vote.
Which means exactly dick. The popular vote decides NOTHING.

It’s not even a good predictor of the winner as there are others with better track records in the modern era.

Electoral college is the only metric that matters.

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
I think Trump will win in a repeat of 2016.

Trump as the known incumbent and a man of peace is a stronger candidate than he was in 2016.

Biden is a far weaker candidate than Hillary in every way. Biden is the weakest Presidential candidate in modern US history.

Hillary was practically an incumbent as she worked along side Bill Clinton who was still a popular figure at that time. First Ladies tend to be popular.

Trump has a corrupt media, voter fraud, tech censorship and trickery going against him but I believe the good judgment of the American people will give him another 4 years.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Biden is a far weaker candidate than Hillary in every way. Biden is the weakest Presidential candidate in modern US history.
His weakness as a candidate matters not. They're not voting "FOR" Biden, they are voting "AGAINST" Trump. There is a massive difference in mindset. You can't apply logic to this election...

·
Registered
9,583 Posts
His weakness as a candidate matters not. They're not voting "FOR" Biden, they are voting "AGAINST" Trump. There is a massive difference in mindset. You can't apply logic to this election...
Reminds me of the old expression - cutting off your nose to spite your face.

A Biden vote means a vote for President Harris and a very dark time for America.

As someone else posted if Biden wins we will get what we deserve.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
My prediction;

Amy Coney Barrett will be the deciding 'vote' as this thing goes to the highest court in the land.

Reactions: mmcbeat

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I hope you’re right. It just seems that those rally attendees are going to vote for him. I hope he’s making progress to other parts of the electorate. I hope he wins...my family has already voted. I hope everybody gets out and votes. Go Trump!,
Approx. 25 percent of those attending are not republican. So increasing the vote.

The reason I mentioned watching the video is because President Trump touches upon his agenda and accomplishments Plus other items too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reminds me of the old expression - cutting off your nose to spite your face.
As I tell my liberal acquaintances, I cannot fault them. In 2016 roles were reversed...many people didn't vote for Trump, so much as they were voting for "anyone but Hillary Clinton".

And I'll end by saying what I've been saying since 2008...American deserves better and CAN do better. Obama vs McCain, ugh. Obama vs Romney, ugh. Trump vs Clinton, ugh. Trump vs Biden, ugh. Pitiful...

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
We need the House, people!

Nothing gets done, if we don't have the House.

Election 2020 is not about Trump. It's about keeping America and the American way. And you must have the House.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
I predict lawsuits for everyone.

Riots out of either anger or celebration.

Either way some lawyers are gonna get rich and some poor folks are getting screwed with looting, burning and murdering.

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,013 Posts
I’m actually driving my wife to the airport at around 4 am on election night... (no joke). She’s going to Japan for a couple weeks...

Feels like the opening scene of a horror/action movie...
LOL She's getting out before the 'san francisco' hits the fan.

Reactions: FullClip
61 - 75 of 75 Posts