close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dec. 21, 2012 What's the big deal?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jeremy_283, Jun 12, 2012.

1. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

Probably an over-exhausted topic but......

This date seems to have quite a bit more news surrounding than any other "End Of World" dates. Not that I am all believing anything major is going to happen but it does have me interested. Does anyone else think this has any more suspicion surrounding this date than any of the events passed (Y2K)?

There's just so much information either "made up" or "fact" about end of the world, a movement in consciousness, etc. etc.

What I've concluded is that this date seems important across the board but no-one really knows why :dunno:

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Mayan calendar ends there.

3. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

It's been answered a multitude of times.

Best answer is from a Mayan cultural expert who says the whole end of the world thing is bull****.

Whatever makes your gina tingle though. (Not you you but people in general who get off on this kind of BS).

4. jeremy_283

jeremy_283

Aren't there other cultures that have the same/similar predictions for this time period?

5. 9jeeps

9jeeps

As one ages one begins to take such fabrications with a grain. There has never been a shortage of fear mongering, end of days, and the purest and finest of Bull Pucky.

6. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Only because the calender maker's chisle broke and his supervisor tried to make him pay for a new one.

7. dango

dango

That's the day you are supposed to send all your worldly goods
    , money , guns , ammo , etc. to me cause that is the day the
    world ends and you won't need them anymore .

Want my PO box No. ?

8. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

That calendar already passed the date, actually. So, we're all already dead.

9. ustate

ustate NRA Member

The world can't end in December of this year, Marty McFly has been to 2015.

10. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

If the world ends, there isn't anything I can do about so I'm not going to worry about it.

11. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

12/21/12 is not the end of the Mayan calendar. Its the end of the 13th long count or baktun, and the begining of the 14th.

There is 20 Baktuns in the Mayan calendar, and like a clock all it will do is reset and start over at the end of the 20th Baktun which isn't until October 13, 4772.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  12. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

13. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

The Mayan calendar ends a cycle and begins a new one. Some cycles are much longer than others.

Things have changed.

Their calendar predicted the day of the downfall of their empire, on that day the Conquistadors arrived. Today, there Mexicans and other Central/South American Nations. The old order passed away.

Thing are changing.

Think of Pre-EU Greece, Italy & Spain. Imagine them being only shell of their own past glories. Think of their own self-inflicted economic collapse. Look to what effect waves of Islamic immigrants would have on European leaving/declining populations.

Look at out own Debt Clock. Image when we run out of financial debt. Consider the impact of Greek like austerity plans in the USA.

Things will change.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  14. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I think that's when we all find out what it's like to be roasted in the depths of a Slor.

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

All I know is that I'm gonna party like 1999.

16. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Longest night of the year. :supergrin:

17. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

The difference on this one, is that it really is connected with an actual astronomical event, but not one with any scientifically valid reason to think it's going to be the end of anything, anywhere in the universe. The people who really study Myan culture like true scientists do, already know (and have been trying to publicize for years, to no avail) that the Myans NEVER portrayed this event as the end of the world. It was just the start of a new calander - just like the way our own calender rolls over every so often - except that theirs also rolls over for other astronomical events besides just one Earth-lap around the sun.

The idea that this is a prediction of the end of the world is pure BS invented as deliberate lies by the likes of Eric Von Dip S#@+, and TV producers working for the Historyless Channel - people who have always considered it their job to make up whatever pure lies will sell books, or attract a bigger crowd so that commercial air time can be sold for the highest possible price.

I say we should all boycott such bogus TV shows (and especially the books of Eric Von Dumb Ass), just to hurt their ratings as much as possible and damage the income they make spreading lies. And it is lies... This is not a case of mistaken opinion on their part. The people promoting the lies know the truth, but the truth doesn't make them as much money as lies do, so things go the direction the economic incentive drives them - and this is no surprise. Whenever (and on whatever subject) the media finds a money incentive to lie, rest assured you will be lied to.

Anyone who's worried about the end of the world this year, needs to take some science classes until provable reality finally crowds superstitious nonsense out of your mind.

18. dabateman0679

dabateman0679

While in my world religions class my first semester of college our teacher touched on the subject and according to the mayan calender they did not have leap year and therefor december 21st 2012 on their calender was sometime last summer so according to him we have nothing to worry about!

19. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

The only thing to worry about are idiots. I am afraid of some moron trying to assist in the ending of the world.

Other than that the 21st is my annual lunch out with my wife to watch the sun at it's lowest point.

20. crazi_e

crazi_e

:rofl: