Debate Moderator Kristen Welker Has Close Democratic Ties

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

And I note that you made no effort to dispute that the moderators are blatantly partisan; instead for all intents and purposes you just said too bad, be better prepared. Nice to see that you feel fair and equal treatment of the candidates is important. I wonder what flavor of milkshake Joe Biden likes. Think she'll ask him?

-Pat

OttoLoader likes this.
  2. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Absolutely!! Why start something with a loser mindset and look for excuses?

22B974F2-3B71-4C72-9019-4E880422A168.jpeg

jcm3 likes this.

3. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I should whine, cry, or complain BEFORE the fight? No.

Yes, it is too bad because life is not always fair. Any adult on this forum can attest to this fact. You prepare knowing this and move forward.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  4. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

I agree with you on this.

Trump needs to act more like Pence did (which I know will be hard for him), answer the questions, press Biden when he needs to and let Biden answer his own questions.

Where we may disagree is that by letting Biden actually answer his own questions, he'll likely hurt himself more than help himself.

Trump's strength is his experience (he's made billions, owned multiple corporations, hired thousands and tens of thousands of employees and knows how the system works), and his weakness is his experience (he thinks he can do no wrong, and doesn't realize when he's taking things too far).

B C likes this.
  5. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Exactly. Pence’s debate should be a blue print for Trump!

jcm3 likes this.
  6. Taz

Taz

Wait. Let me make sure I get this right. The commission that helps guid people’s choices for President is left leaning. The MSM who guides folks towards the candidate with the best chance to win is left leaning. Say it isn’t so.

The debate should be 1 DNC moderator moderating the GOP candidate; and 1 GOP moderator moderating the DNC candidate.

Wanna bet they would be professional and not want to open Pandora’s box of interruptions and fact checking.

This whole show is just that. The media decides who has a chance of winning for either side. The commission invites those they deem worthy to be presented to the masses as the candidates. And we wonder why the candidates decade after decade are two morons where we chose how we are getting screwed instead of whether we get screwed.

B C likes this.
  7. Rotn1

Rotn1

I understand and you are correct. The problem is this:

Moderator Question to Trump:
    President Trump Why are you a racist and why do you support racists?

Moderator Question to Biden:
    Mr. Biden why is President Trump such a racist and why shouldn’t we believe him? And our follow up is which is your favorite puppy.......

The process has become a joke.

B C likes this.
  8. glockman66

glockman66

9. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

10. amd65

amd65

Yes, just like Pence...if Trump wants to lose.

11. B C

B C

Such a joke

upload_2020-10-19_13-5-7.png

Csv and Rotn1 like this.
  12. PatinAz

PatinAz

Questions about anonymous allegations of Trump disparaging troops came up in the VP debate. No reason why questions about H. Biden's scandals can't be brought up. Oh, and Joe's quid pro quo at the council of foreign relations.

13. GlockerBill

GlockerBill

The debate format does not work. We have enough evidence now to know the system is rigged. Let's have no moderator, and simply a question and a clock for each candidate. That is it.

B C likes this.
  14. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I believe President Trump agreed to these moderators. Why would he do this? Time to put on your big boy’s pants, Mr. President.

15. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

I am going to disagree. I believe President Trump survived 4 years ago in this same system. If the system was rigged, HRC would have been POTUS.

16. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

My opinion is that the media is structured in a way that he has to do it.

Biden won't appear on a Fox debate with someone like Hannity or Tucker as a moderator, the chances of that are zero. So, Trump either goes with it and reaches an audience he needs to hit using a media organization that reaches those people (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) or he lets Biden hide out in the basement where it doesn't seem to be hurting him (which is odd).

Two choices:
    - Demand a format Biden won't agree to
    - Appear on a format Biden will agree to

The Democrats have done it right taking control over the media and the educational systems, credit to them for that although if they get what they want, it's not good for anyone.

17. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I understand your perspective, and Trump will go into the last debate with his “big boy shoes” on, ready to defend himself and score debate points.

This event is a public contest for the most powerful, most important job in the world, and the winner will decide the USA’s future course. If ever there needs to be a level playing field, this is it.

No one can honestly say the Biden/Stephanopoulos ‘town hall’ was comparable to the Trump/Guthrie broadcast in terms of difficulty of questions or moderator behavior. Biden was coddled by Stephanopoulos, former Communications Director for Bill Clinton while Trump was attacked by Guthrie. And, Chris Wallace clearly favored Biden in the first debate.

The final debate questions and moderator behavior should be fair and equal in all respects. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it goes down that way.

18. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

Biden defintely received lob ball questions and Trump did not. However, I believe they both decided the setup for their town halls. Maybe the President’s election team is not setting him up for success.

*I did not watch their town halls live and saw clips from Youtube.

19. R.B. Riddick

R.B. Riddick

These things have some give and take. The President claims to be a great negotiator and it is diffcult to believe these were his best choices.

I suspect someone did not do their homework because NONE of the mods are likely favorable to the President, which is why Trump should buckle down and be prepared. Right now, his focus is all over the place.

jcm3 likes this.
  20. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

I have to agree on this point.

I could be wrong, but Welker is likely to be another anti-Trump ambush.

B C likes this.