Glock Talk banner

Dear Gaston...

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  Crane1 
#1 ·
Could you please make a g32x, please?

#16 ·
I think you are a little confused. The G45 uses a G17 sized full sized lower -

"The compact crossover pistol G45 in 9x19mm combines a compact slide with a full size frame " -

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g45

Here's a second link showing the G47, and also there is a G19 pictured next to it - clearly they are different size frames, the G47 having a taller, full size height frame as the G17, G19X, and G45. - https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...new-glock-without-really-saying-anything-g47/

Gun Firearm Trigger Text White

If I am incorrect in ALL of this, PLEASE someone correct me, but this is how I understand the frame configuration of the G47????

#19 ·
The G47 frame DOES have the shorter dust cover ONLY of the G19 frame, but it is still a full size G17/G19X/G45 height frame (so it can FULLY enclose G17 length mags - 17 rounds) at the end of the day.

Apparently you CAN also put the Gen 5 G45/G19 length upper OR the full length G47 upper on the G47 frame though -

"According to The Firearm Blog, although the G47 uses a G17 barrel, the G17 slide is not compatible with the new gun. However, the end user can swap the G47 slide for the shorter G19 slide on preference. "

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-d...new-glock-without-really-saying-anything-g47/

So basically with the G47 you can have a full sized (both upper and lower) G47, OR a basically "G45 sized gun" (G19 length upper on a full size G17 lower).

I think that is where the confusion may have been?

..................not to mention the difficulty of finding a G47 in the first place as a non-LEO issued gun. It's do-able, but not easy to get one, and also I am sure at a higher price than a Gen 5 G19, G17, or even a G45.

#23 · (Edited)
Take G42, fatten the grip slightly, extend it slightly and make it 10+1 380, call it G42X then offer it with a longer barrel and call it the G42XL. Also consider using metal magazines for the G42 and G43 series, it'll really help with capacity.

Other than that, maybe a G23X!

#27 ·
Take G42, fatten the grip slightly, extend it slightly and make it 10+1 380, call it G42X then offer it with a longer barrel and call it the G42XL. Also consider using metal magazines for the G42 and G43 series, it'll really help with capacity.

Other than that, maybe a G23X!
Or market the G25 for civilians. I note that Glock "innovation" stopped with the original G17 and has evolved to putting slide "A" on frame "B." How about a redesign of the frame so users don't have to do their own undercuts on the trigger guard? Glock knuckle and Glock leg are long term design features.

#28 ·
HaHa - When has GLOCK admitted anything??? They will fix it, but never tell you what they fixed or admit to any issue.
That is often the way things work in manufacturing.
Many years back the local Cat dealer received a mystery shipment of pistons for 3406 diesel engines.
Nobody at the dealership had a clue why they were there until a factory rep showed up with a list of customer names and engine serial numbers for the pistons to be installed in.
No recall or service bulletins, just the list and instructions to get them installed as quietly as possible.
That is just one of several instances that I am aware of.

#30 ·
Or market the G25 for civilians. I note that Glock "innovation" stopped with the original G17 and has evolved to putting slide "A" on frame "B." How about a redesign of the frame so users don't have to do their own undercuts on the trigger guard? Glock knuckle and Glock leg are long term design features.
Glock 25 and 28.....
ALL THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF A BETTER CALIBER WITHOUT THE BETTER CALIBER. That’s a what I imagine the advertisements would look.

#31 ·
I

I’m going to cut an old 17 frame down to G26 grip and leave the 17 slide in it. G26(XL)
I don't know about a 17 to a 26 size frame with a 17 upper on it - two reasons I say that -

1. I have a 17 cut to a 19 - LOVE IT. I also have a 19 I cut to a 26 - NOT so much. :(

2. We tried a 34 upper on my 17 that we cut to a 19 (similar to how a 17 to 26 might feel????) it did NOT seem to shoot as well or as comfortable as the 17 to 19 with the 17 upper did. :(

What I am getting at is, "I" personally did not find the 19 cut frame to a 26 comfortable to shoot (at last not as comfortable as I do my factory G26, and not as comfortable as my 17 cut to a 19 does with the 17 upper), and I think what we felt when shooting my 17 cut to a 19 frame with the 34 upper may be very similar to what you are considering???

(If that all is not confusing enough :))

Do whichever you prefer, but personally I thought the 19 cut to a 26 would be the end all to be all for carry and it is NOT, and we also found a long upper (34) on a much shorter lower (19) did not do anything for us either. :(

The 17 to a 19 with a 17 upper IS a winner though. :) :) :)

Hope this helps -

#32 ·
Well, my G26.3 frame is on the way and I already have the G19 Upper. So all I need now is the slide adapter to fill the gap. I'm gonna do it, because GLOCK never will. If it's not all that, I'll just tear it apart and build something else with the parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.