close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DealExtreme online sales, any good?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 1985 4Runner, Dec 31, 2009.

1. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

2. greenLED

greenLED

There's a fair number of people over at candlepowerforums.com who shop there. The reviews are mixed, but I feel they're mostly positive.

I've placed a few orders with them. Make sure the item is in stock before ordering. Once in a while, they delay shipping because the items are actually not in stock. The good thing is they partial-ship orders where some items are in stock and others aren't, at no extra cost to you. I've read of people ordering an item and receiving it months later (but they do get it, eventually).

The only problem I've run into was with a USB charger, which they shipped with the wrong wall plug. At first they wanted me to send the plug back to them (yeah, right, return postage was more expensive than the actual item), but finally they decided to send me a replacement. All in all, good service, IMO.

3. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

I have bought several things from them including several flashlights, several headlamps, LED lamp upgrades, various batteries, chargers and other items. I have been more impressed with the quality of their items than I have been with some of the Chinese imports from local brick and mortar stores (that sadly I paid more for).

I will say that I have received three items that were DOA or otherwise damaged (none were flashlights). They shipped replacements each time relatively quickly at no cost to me. Sadly with one item, the replacement was DOA as well. I am still awaiting the replacement. I rather firmly asked that their warehouseman test the item before it shipped this last time. They ensured me he had. I have been waiting for a working replacement since August and it supposedly shipped in mid-Dec. I hope it works. Will I order from them again? I haven't made up my mind yet. Probably will.

The flashlights I received all work great. I had to give them a try as I have plenty of lights from other places and wanted to see how they compared. None of them are my EDC light but I do use them pretty regularly and they seem to be holding up well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Chyron

Chyron

Definitely be prepared to wait several weeks before receiving it.

5. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

I've purchased a couple of 7 port usb hubs and a few other minor things from them in the past.

IIRC their standard shipping method is to group a bunch of orders together so that it fills a shipping container, then ship them. So, like Chyron said, be prepared to wait.

My orders took about 3 weeks to arrive.

6. Turtle13

Turtle13 Ni!

The things I've bought take up to half a month to get to your doorstep. The prices are really cheap though. The item's I've bought from them where up to 50% less than US sites for the same product.

7. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

8. Rooster Rugburn

Rooster Rugburn Got Pignose?

I have had nothing but good luck with them. I have a few of the cree lights and really like them. It does take a couple weeks to arrive, and signature is required so you might have to go to the post office.

I got a couple of the LED headlamps that I've been very happy with. They are great when cleaning or working on guns, and any number of products.

I like those Cree lights.

9. mymini40

mymini40

Are these made in china? Why are they cheap?

10. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Yes and shipped from HK.

11. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

I have that exact light from Dealextreme as well as several others. It is my favorite and the one I carry everyday.

Bought a bunch of those little keychain lights as well and give them out to friends and family. Only problem I had was a couple things I ordered never showed up but they made good on them when notified.

Just be aware that their product are literally shipped on a slow boat from China. Expect three to four weeks delivery.

12. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

Thanks for all the responses.

13. sw1911

sw1911

depends.. if you get an item d.o.a., you're s.o.l. If the item breaks after a few uses, you're s.o.l.

14. OrangeJoe

OrangeJoe Machetes & Guns

How so? The posts before yours say D.E. just sends out a repacement for DOA products at their expense.

15. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

I had good luck with them before they switched to a Paypal only.

With paypal, because it takes 3-4 weeks to get stuff to your door step, you have no recourse if they don't ship, ship to the wrong address, or you just don't get your stuff.

16. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

I placed an order one time and only got half the stuff. I emailed them, explained the situation and they sent the stuff I didn't get three weeks later. No problem and all my orders have been with paypal.

17. 1985 4Runner

1985 4Runner Agitator

Paypal only may make me change my mind.

Damn.

18. actionpup

actionpup Psycho Pup!

Not my experience. Takes a while but they do replace DOA items. Sometimes it may take a couple of tries though. So far I like them. You get what you pay for and I expected crap. I have actually been quite pleased with the quality for such a low price. I am getting ready to place another order. Dealextreme is quite addictive.