close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deal or No Deal G21 gen 2

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dodgecope89, Jun 14, 2012.

1. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

I stumbled across what i think would be a good deal on a gen 2 g21. The price is $350, the picture is not that great but it appears to have the expected wear on the slide for a gun of its age. The gun comes with three mags 2 hi cap and one 10 rnd. There is a box of wwb hollow points in the picture also but no mention of whether or not they go with the fun (not exactly a deal breaker anyway).

So my question for you guys is do you think its worth at least calling about it or not and if yes then what should i look for if i get hands on the gun to determine if the price is fair or not. Ive never bought a used glock before so i don't really know what parts to look for wear on to kinda estimate value. I guess i could always take a chance and just have a local armorer look over it to make sure all is well after purchase but i don't want to spend a bunch extra to have to fix it either. Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my IGlock 4s

2. larson1122

larson1122

Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me. Most of the parts that would need to be replaced are cheap and easy to find should you have an problems.

3. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I would jump right on that deal.

4. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Thats kinda what i was thinking. I hope he still has it idk how i missed it but he posted it last sunday the 3 rd and i just seen it last night at work, but it didn't say sold or nothing so fingers crossed.

Sent from my IGlock 4s

5. dajcarroll

dajcarroll

I would inspect the gun first obviously, but with no major wear or flaws... go for it. Guns can be cleaned, and springs can be replaced for cheap. You can make it run like new again in no time.

G19 - Gen 3
    G37 - Gen 3

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sounds like a nice deal.

7. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

8. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

I sent a text him this morning to see if he still had it but no reply yet.

Sent from my IGlock 4s

9. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Depending on the serial #, there was an upgrade for the gen 2 G21's. Glock will do it for no charge, but you will have to ship it to them on your dime, which could be $50 or more.

10. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Could you elaborate a little?

Sent from my IGlock 4s

11. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

it was for ones with 2 letter prefixes. mine was a WF. they will mill the slide for a new extractor and do something to the bottom of the slide and then refinish it. While it was there they replaced all the part so basically all that was original was the frame,barrel and slide.

12. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Unfortunately he texted me back about 7 and said it had already been sold :(. I knew there was no way that deal had been up for going on 2 weeks and no one had scooped it up, but i still was hoping anyway.

Sent from my IGlock 4s

13. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Thanks for the info. Was that just for the g21s or all the gen 2's with 2 letter prefixes? That was one of the main reasons for being interested in this gun was the gen 2 part of it. Ive been wanting one for awhile now and will continue the search so this might be info i can still use even though i didn't get this one.

Sent from my IGlock 4s

14. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

it was just for gen 2 g21 with 2 letter prefix. from my experience with mine, which i have sold, i did not find the gen 2 g21 to be all that great. it was still a big brick in my hands. If i can finds gen3 for a good price i might consider one again.

15. dodgecope89

dodgecope89

Yeah i wasn't necessarily looking for a 45 because of ammo cost and the extra size but i have been looking for a gen 2 at a good price and was just going to seize the opportunity. Thanks again for the info.

Sent from my IGlock 4s