GlockTalk Forum banner

561 - 580 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
you know, I saw that too. the thing is yesterday, SGAmmo was still selling GAP for a dollar a round. they're out now. so the people charging $700/case vs. paying $1,000/case.... for some people that is a deal right now.
It is still shady IMO. the thought crossed my mind. but my morals prevented me from doing so.
I don't think many are aware of this GT deal. I searched "45gap ammo for sale" and the GT site is not even on the first page of results.
I noticed that too. You can Google gap Glock 37 for sale and GT doesn't bubble up.

GT may not be doing the Google ad words thing / paying for seo.

Guess that makes sense given their Leo focus, plus saves them money. If they needed to they would. Probably more of a small, handful of people operation.

Anyone comment on that who's been to their retail stores?

Heck, this mega thread has probably sold more gap stuff than and search engine optimization could

This has to be the world record for the longest and most continually active gap thread

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
All this mass quantity of ammo tempts me, in a guilty pleasure kind of way

Should we start of a thread showing pictures of piled up high $13.99 Speer ammo and post up?

What should the thread title be?

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
645 Posts

Should we start of a thread showing pictures of piled up high $13.99 Speer ammo and post up?

How about, "45 ACP? What's That?"

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
How about, "45 ACP? What's That?"
Good. I was thinking also of bragging, sorry to say. As mentioned, guilty pleasure

"GAP guys. The smartest guys in the room? Dirt cheap & plentiful ammo"

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #568

No, but the thought is fun, especially after having crazy cheap ammo for years then 2020-2021 so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Got the thumbs up email from GT on my 2nd ammo order. It's on the way. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Guns and ammo are my only vice, this past 12 months there hasn’t been any deals till this

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Y’all need to quite posting some I Will stop thinking I need more!

Peer pressure got me too! Not really. Just got to thinking if I load up big on this ammo, I can shoot without guilt. I have a nice supply of 9mm, but I do IDPA and that eats it fast. No way will I pay $1 a round. Gap supply gives me the option to use that round in IDPA an option. 223 I reload and have components and powder for multiple years.

All that to say the GAP ammo just made a lot of sense. A new option and sort of an insurance policy if ammo doesn't return to sanity
Guns and ammo are my only vice, this past 12 months there hasn’t been any deals till this

Yep. Everyone needs a vice. Pat yourself on the back. It ain't drugs, booze and nefarious women. And hey, not like you're throwing money away.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Just to keep this monster GAP thread going; my RMRd G38 slide from Jagerwerks just showed up along with my GT ball ammo. This is my new carry gun, have lots of Gold Dots here as well. For once, not much chance of running out of ammo while trying to sight an RMR in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
that is awesome.

it would devolve to a thread larger than this one of idiots rambling about why the round sucks and how we're all idiots.
this is GT after all.

·
Registered
953 Posts
that is awesome.

it would devolve to a thread larger than this one of idiots rambling about why the round sucks and how we're all idiots.
this is GT after all.
I have been listening to the naysayers since 2003 when I bought my first GAP. Anyone who I have invited to shoot my G37 , G38 , G39, or Gen 4 G37 have remarked on the shootability and accuracy of them. Six of those people went on to purchase their own 45 GAP pistols. Five bought Glocks and one a Springfield XD.The only complaint I have ever had or heard expressed is trying to load the 10th round in the magazines. I had to go to using the Glock OEM plus magazine extension in order to prevent FTF with 10 rds in the magazine and 1 round in the chamber with my GSSF handloads. I have not experienced that with any of the factory velocity rounds although loading that last round is still tough.

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
Went out today. With the speer lawman it was very accurate and more pleasant to shoot than my G22.

I also swapped in the .40 barrel. It cycled and fed everything with the stock extractor and locked back on the 40 magazine I was using.

The ejection was erratic though. A lot of brass to the face or just dribbling out I'm guessing because the extractor didn't have as much purchase on it. Next time I go I'll swap the extractor and see what that does.

·
Registered
687 Posts
@rlewpolar what back-strap are you using there? Slide work looks great!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
I posted it on an Oklahoma shooting forum, I know they jumped pretty well for some inventory as well. I bet between the two, we took a good chunk of them.

561 - 580 of 630 Posts