GlockTalk Forum banner

541 - 560 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Happened with frequency when I worked at Gander mountain. Makarov for 9x19, 38 super for 38 special, 357 sig vs magnum, etc. Not all gun people are into it like us, that's certain

·
NRA Life Member
5,515 Posts
Happened with frequency when I worked at Gander mountain. Makarov for 9x19, 38 super for 38 special, 357 sig vs magnum, etc. Not all gun people are into it like us, that's certain
The way my mind works is...I am spending a lot of hard earned money on a gun, ammo, holster, accessories, etc. And a gun is an object that can injure or kill somebody if not treated in the proper manner. I don't understand not taking it upon themselves to become at least basically familiar with the gun, disassembly, how it operates, and WHAT KIND OF AMMO IT SHOOTS. Lol

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
The way my mind works is...I am spending a lot of hard earned money on a gun, ammo, holster, accessories, etc. And a gun is an object that can injure or kill somebody if not treated in the proper manner. I don't understand not taking it upon themselves to become at least basically familiar with the gun, disassembly, how it operates, and WHAT KIND OF AMMO IT SHOOTS. Lol
Reminds me of the saying "No one ever went broke under estimating the public's level of intelligence"

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Anywhos ... I'll do my best but let's work as a team to keep our eye on the frangible rounds. I get the feeling GT may be getting worried about this gathering dust and will drop the price to near $10 a box

Can you imagine. Yeah we're stocked up but we can save that and use the frangible first for practice

Reactions: IAhunter and pgg00

·
Registered
186 Posts
I wonder if they got one or several customers who demanded a return/refund after thinking they were buying 45 acp for that price? I don't understand how somebody would not know what caliber their gun is, but I guess it happens. ETA...my second case is scheduled for delivery tomorrow after the weather delay.
I am an online retailer who has processed over 100,000 orders since he started selling almost two decades ago now.

I would be willing to bet you everything I own plus my immortal soul that they have customers order GAP when they really want ACP.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
got an email from GTD so I checked my account, it shows order complete with a tracking number, tracking number shows the 25th for a delivery date so YABA-DABA-DO!

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
got an email from GTD so I checked my account, it shows order complete with a tracking number, tracking number shows the 25th for a delivery date so YABA-DABA-DO!
Lo Fred Flinstone!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Someone took advantage of the price and is trying to flip it on FGT and AL for $700 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Reactions: Deputydave

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Someone took advantage of the price and is trying to flip it on FGT and AL for $700 :rolleyes:
O.K. my first though was "what jerks"

my next thought was only way they're gonna get that kinda bank is if some one mistakes it for 45 ACP and there is no return/refund when they figure out it ain't 45 ACP.

my last though was that we're going to hear a lot of bad mouthing of the 45 Gap when the above idiots try to shoot 45 Gap in a 45 ACP.

so hold the line gentlemen, those of us that have taken advantage of the most excellent prices on the 37 and the Speer ammo should be sitting pretty for quite some time.

so to my 45 Gap brethren in this thread, "cock it and rock it" "grip it and rip it", my personal fun factor for this summer has increased exponentially !

·
Registered
806 Posts
This post is way too long for me to claim I have read it all. My question is what is the big deal of firing a 45GAP cartridge from a 45 ACP pistol. Feeding, accuracy or something else.

I have never owned a 45ACP handgun. It is common knowledge in this forum that us 10mm shooters have no issues in firing standard 40S&W without any changes and no problems with very similar dimensional differences.

I am talking about range fun plinking ammo and not a combination I would use for self defense. Just curious.

·
NRA Life Member
5,515 Posts
My second case was delivered less than two hours ago. I should be set. I'm not surprised somebody is trying to sell it for way more money. It would be funny if somebody made a post on wherever it is listed, directing them to the sale at GT distributors.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
This post is way too long for me to claim I have read it all. My question is what is the big deal of firing a 45GAP cartridge from a 45 ACP pistol. Feeding, accuracy or something else.

I have never owned a 45ACP handgun. It is common knowledge in this forum that us 10mm shooters have no issues in firing standard 40S&W without any changes and no problems with very similar dimensional differences.

I am talking about range fun plinking ammo and not a combination I would use for self defense. Just curious.
The pressure is higher on a gap and the headspacing will occur off the extractor. That will cause some extraction issues. Also potential to damage the extractor.

The gap round is physically shorter.

Have people done it? Yes. Would i ?. No.

Reactions: pntblnk

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,851 Posts
Wahoo! GT Dist re-hit my card and shipped my ammo today. It won’t be for sale unless I croak. Looking forward to emptying that brass and then loading more. ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Austin location must be on it today...just got my notification that the card was charged!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
O.K. my first though was "what jerks"

my next thought was only way they're gonna get that kinda bank is if some one mistakes it for 45 ACP and there is no return/refund when they figure out it ain't 45 ACP.

my last though was that we're going to hear a lot of bad mouthing of the 45 Gap when the above idiots try to shoot 45 Gap in a 45 ACP.

so hold the line gentlemen, those of us that have taken advantage of the most excellent prices on the 37 and the Speer ammo should be sitting pretty for quite some time.

so to my 45 Gap brethren in this thread, "cock it and rock it" "grip it and rip it", my personal fun factor for this summer has increased exponentially !
you know, I saw that too. the thing is yesterday, SGAmmo was still selling GAP for a dollar a round. they're out now. so the people charging $700/case vs. paying $1,000/case.... for some people that is a deal right now.
It is still shady IMO. the thought crossed my mind. but my morals prevented me from doing so.
I don't think many are aware of this GT deal. I searched "45gap ammo for sale" and the GT site is not even on the first page of results.

541 - 560 of 767 Posts