GlockTalk Forum banner

521 - 540 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
I ordered on the 16th. GT shows the order is processing and my CC charge as pending. Hopefully I'll here something next week.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was told by our range guys that frangible tears up barrels. Anybody else heard of this?

Motor51
I find that hard to believe. Frangibles are generally made from pulverized copper or other soft metals which are softer than the steel barrel. They may cause some extra fouling, but that can be cleaned out.

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
I find that hard to believe. Frangibles are generally made from pulverized copper or other soft metals which are softer than the steel barrel. They may cause some extra fouling, but that can be cleaned out.
He may be talking about plastic barrels. That's all they use at my range

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,803 Posts
I received two emails from GT Dist yesterday. An invoice and a second that said my order is processing. So my order should be good to go.

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
And what is the purpose of a plastic 55 gallon barrel in the context of a shooting range?

Backstop? Holding up targets?
We use them for barricades, making a course of fire, identifying shooting positions etc.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just received this a few hours ago from GT

MUST RECEIVE CONFIRMATION BEFORE SHIPMENT!!

Dear Valued Customer,
We wanted to confirm that you were purchasing .45 GAP ammo. NOT .45 ACP. There are only two makes of .45 GAP chambered pistols. Glock models 37, 38, & 39 and Springfield XD with .45 GAP markings. .45 GAP WILL NOT FIRE IN .45 ACP chambered firearms. NO RETURNS ACCEPTED.

Please reply to confirm you are still wanting shipment of this ammo and we will get your order shipped ASAP. If we do not hear back within 48 hours, we will need to cancel your order.

Thank you for your understanding!

G T Distributors, Inc.
Customer Service Rep
[email protected]
(512)-451-8298 Work
(512)-453-6149 Fax
2545 Brockton Dr. Suite 100
Austin, TX 78758

Of course I replied and confirmed my order.

·
Registered
20,398 Posts

Dear Valued Customer,
We wanted to confirm that you were purchasing .45 GAP ammo. NOT .45 ACP. There are only two makes of .45 GAP chambered pistols. Glock models 37, 38, & 39 and Springfield XD with .45 GAP markings. .45 GAP WILL NOT FIRE IN .45 ACP chambered firearms. NO RETURNS ACCEPTED.

Please reply to confirm you are still wanting shipment of this ammo and we will get your order shipped ASAP. If we do not hear back within 48 hours, we will need to cancel your order.

G T Distributors, Inc.
Customer Service Rep
[email protected]
(512)-451-8298 Work
(512)-453-6149 Fax
Austin, TX 78758

I have this G37 plus one of those XDs :p

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

Dear Valued Customer,

G T Distributors, Inc.
Customer Service Rep
[email protected]
(512)-451-8298 Work
(512)-453-6149 Fax
Austin, TX 78758

Weird. I think you're the first this has happened to. Did you order a krap ton of it?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nope, just 15 boxes of GDHP. I have bought 3 or 4 pistols over the years from GT also. It was a surprise to me also. I placed my order on the 16th . I wonder if someone thought they were getting 45 acp and wanted to return it. I have always thought that ammo was / has been non returnable.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Nope, just 15 boxes of GDHP. I have bought 3 or 4 pistols over the years from GT also. It was a surprise to me also.
Hmm ... Maybe that rep has seen some acp/gap oops and/or unaware of the GT gap tsunami wave happening , wanting to create an action step to help order metrics maybe?

Does seem odd

·
Registered
198 Posts
I received the same email confirming GAP and not ACP. Wish I saw this post two months ago, I would have gotten another G37 or two.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Okay ... I found this info on the Sinterfire composite/frangible bullet used in the Speer Lawman gap training round on GT. It's legit according to the sources I looked at, one from USCCA below

New from Speer it's $19.99. $13.99 from GT as LEO trade in. Legit to use as range/practice ammo, and apparently valid for self defense use, and in some cases, in-home especially, even preferred. I may get some. We should at least keep our eye on it as I suspect the price could drop a little more. Can you imagine $11.99 these days?!

"From badgers to hogs to deer, handgun-caliber frangibles have created consistently broad, deep and permanent wound cavities. Unlike the slicing through-and-through wounds typically seen in the flesh and hearts of animals shot with hollow-points, soft-points or any other hunting round, these wounds punch a hole in muscles and utterly shred hearts. There is often an entrance wound but no exit. And, yes, these are single-shot kills. These bullets work."​

Reactions: pntblnk

·
NRA Life Member
5,459 Posts
I wonder if they got one or several customers who demanded a return/refund after thinking they were buying 45 acp for that price? I don't understand how somebody would not know what caliber their gun is, but I guess it happens. ETA...my second case is scheduled for delivery tomorrow after the weather delay.

·
Registered
20,398 Posts
I wonder if they got one or several customers who demanded a return/refund after thinking they were buying 45 acp for that price? I don't understand how somebody would not know what caliber their gun is, but I guess it happens. ETA...my second case is scheduled for delivery tomorrow after the weather delay.
Those people should donate that ammo to all of us and chalk it up to a lesson learned

521 - 540 of 630 Posts