Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a new 26 (as well as a 19) today and brought them home.
Both were ordered with the Glock Factory Night Sights.

Did not take the time to check the NS in the dark (never had an issue before).

The 19 NS's are fine, just as good as the Trijicons on my 23 (better than the trij's in the light IMHO) and those on my Kimber as well.

The 26 Night Sights have a dead front vial. In complete darkness, it takes quite a bit of focusing and adjusting to even be able to see the front sight. I cleaned the "lens" to no avail. When held side by side with the 19 in the dark, I see 4 bright and clear dots and 1 very faint "smudge" of light.

It is my understanding that the front sight on the Glock brand is not easily replaceable. I really do not want to return the slide to the factory, as the 26 was bought to replace my previous broken CCW piece. Can't be without again. The pistol was bought from a distant dealer and shipped to my FFL under the LE Discount Program, so I can't really go through the dealer on this without wasting even more time.

Is there another brand front sight post (which I could get replaced locally) of the right height/profile to work with the factory rears?

Any other suggestions for remedying this without a long absence from my new Glock?

Any advice would be appreciated.

TT

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
Front sight replacement is a snap and something you can do yourself. Below is a pic of the different types of front sight attachments, all you need to remove it is a pair of pliers, just grip and twist. To replace the sight you will need some blue loctite and a thin walled 3/16" nut driver. You can purchase a front sight tool from an online vendor or go to sears and get the thin walled driver. I would recommend getting a Trijicon front, you can find one at www.glockparts.com be sure not to over tighten the nut since it can be broken when using to much force with a large handle driver.

This pic is courtesy of Butch, thanks Butch!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outstanding!

Thanks for the assist. I was under the impression that the GLock Factory sights were not user-servicable, guess I had read that wrong.

Now to see if Glock will send me a new front sight (as this is a brand new handgun).

Thanks again!

TT

Edit to add: Ha, that was the sight I had (mis)read. It is user-servicable, the sight simply cannot be reused. Thanks for saving me cash and downtime.

G

·
Nice pictures, but how do you get them out given the various methods pictured for holding them in? Do they all come out the same way?

·
NRA 4 Ever
367 Posts
Originally posted by hankhan
Nice pictures, but how do you get them out given the various methods pictured for holding them in? Do they all come out the same way?
Remove the pin in the first pic with pliers (on left) and then twist sight off with same pliers. compress edges of sight together in second pic (middle) and then twist off with pliers. You need a 3/16" thin walled nut driver to remove the screw on sight in the last pic (right).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts