close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dead beat parents

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by w30olds, Jun 18, 2012.

1. w30olds

w30olds Magpul whore

I was working today at the child support office in Gwinnett County today doing A/C repairs. It amazes me how many dead beat parents are out there not taking care of their kids. Some of the things I over heard made me sick to my stomach. Dead beat dads not paying child support for whatever reasons. I mean it's your child for crying out loud. Do you not care enough about your own kid to help take care of them? Majority of the men in the place were complaining about having to pay for their kids to be able to have clothes and food. Really? What a worthless waste of air some of these loser were. Not only ****ty men, but also a lot of ****ty women too. Complaining about paying support then going out and driving away in their expensive SUVs and cars. Guess I just don't understand how some people have no remorse for anything they have done. Simply made me see people in a whole new way.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

My mom always said "Don't have more kids than you can take care of." That was her rule of thumb on how many is too many. Unfortunately, too many parents are UNWILLING {NOT UNABLE} to take care of any.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

SO glad that this state finally made it "parents" instead of just "dads".

A friend had to pay child support his wife owed.:steamed:

She abandoned him and the kids and was ordered to pay child support. When the kids were not receiving her child support they went after him because he must be a dead beat dad. Even though he had the kids. It got really twisted but in the end he had to pay her $5000 because she wasn't paying her court ordered child support.

As long as the state was going after the dad they didn't care that the kids were getting screwed.

4. arclight610

arclight610

5. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

6. Ghost Tracker

Ghost Tracker

The number of "dead beat parents" shouldn't surprise you. It's gonna' get worse. Most (at least a higher percentage) of us geezers had the advantage of knowing what good parents did because WE HAD GOOD PARENTS in our lives as clear examples. When folks who DIDN'T HAVE those examples start having kids, they don't know what to do when presented with difficult circumstances or decisions. It's beyond their understanding to work 2-3 marginal jobs & chop wood in their "spare time" to make sure their kids are fed & warm. These parents are still so emotionally immature (from a lack of example) that they haven't yet learned one of the GREATEST lessons our children teach us. How to care about someone MORE than I care about...mySELF! And I thank my parents & all of my kids for that lesson. We've got to (still) be examples of the changes we seek.

7. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Dang rednecks! :steamed:

8. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

its more than rednecks,it's all walks of life.

There was a kid that worked for me but quit without explanation one night.I just found out that he hadn't been paying child support for the last 3 years and it was about to catch up to him.

turns out he is still married to the mother but living with another girl who is knocked up with his kids and is currently working under the table so he doesn't have to pay anything.

Sheriffs deputy showed up and a little birdy sang everything including cell phone and at least one of his best friends house.

BTW all total he owes right at 7,000 in back support.:crying:sucks to be him.

9. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Necks of other colors aren't attached to deadbeats?!?!??

DER?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

10. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

My biological father never payed one dime of child support.
    His excuse was that he didn't want to put gas in another
    mans car.

I can count on one hand the times that I remember
    physically seeing him. He moved to Hawaii, never
    remarried and made some kind of life for himself.

In 1991 he was found dead in his apartment with a
    bottle of vodka between his legs. They estimated that
    he had been dead for over a week. He was 61 years old.

11. Ghost Tracker

Ghost Tracker

I sure hope you were kiddin'. I know a LOT 'bout rednecks 'cause I AM ONE. We may be backward, hillbilly, briar hoppin', know nothin's...but we mostly take FINE CARE of our youngins'. 'Cause iffin' you shirk yur youngins', yur ex-inlaws are likely to go all Hatfield & McCoy on ya'! :supergrin:

12. dango

dango

The drug and alcohol infested world we live in these so called parents don't even care about themselves let alone a their children.
    And it's not just drugs and alcohol , it's also the criminal mind that doesn't care about life in general .
    I've heard some actually boast about how many children they have spawned but won't lift a finger to support them. Some act like they wear this Number like a friggin metal , what they think is "manhood" ! Wow man , I gots 11kids .
    Sorry pal , a damn salmon can spawn thousands of fish so your Numbers don't mean anything other than who has to pay for them .
    There not just dead beat , there heartless and brain dead.

13. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

Actually the word redneck shouldn't be used for anything other than the battle of blair mountain.As a person who lives near enough to where everything took place it should be used only for a select few forefathers and their plight with non union coal mines.

Sorry just a small pet peeve.

14. Ghost Tracker

Ghost Tracker

Actually, a citation in 1893, some 20 years before the labor unrest at Blair Mountain, describes poor, uneducated Southern farmers with "the skin of their necks stained and burnt red by the sun". Sorry to peeve on your pet peeve my West Virginia cuz. :drunk:

15. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Gee, guys, I'm sorry. I thought it was perfectly OK to disparage rednecks. I've seen it here and in the popular media and no one's ever said anything about it before. It's not like they're an officially protected minority group...

<-- descended from sharecroppers

16. Ghost Tracker

Ghost Tracker

Dang Sharecroppers! :)supergrin:) And no, we're not an officially protected minority, because if you knew any rednecks real well, you'd know we pretty much protect...ourselves.

17. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Taking care of your kids should be a top priority ...... :wavey:

18. arclight610

arclight610

19. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

THIS.

Times +87

20. m14fan

m14fan

You said a lot friend!!! A girl I workd with 15 years ago was dating a guy,whose house burned down.Before it stopped smoldering his ex went to DHS for 5 years back child support.She refused checks and wanted cash.Guess where his receipt book was.Luckily he had 3 receipts in his truck 2 from the end of the year(Nov-Dec) and had the year to date amounts for 2 seperate years.She finally admitted HE NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT,and bought everything for his son.It still cost him $5000+.
    The government is happy as long as someone suffers.
    Very few deadbeats live in fear of back child support,but many fathers who pay child support live in fear.

Between debt twice my income at time of my divorce(she signed my name to my ck and put it in HER acct while I was at work and blew it on herself) I asked for a voluntary garnishment with my divorce.She bumped it up to over 40% of my gross while my mother was in a coma and dying from bone cancer,knowing I just didn't have the time or the energy to argue.I have to worry about going back to court every day,even if I win it costs me 3-5 grand or more.

But as long as someone suffers the govt. is happy.Especially since they cant get the real deadbeats.AND they will PROVIDE her with a lawyer if they feel sorry enough for her.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012