Dead Bang Recoil Rod For Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Acechaser, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Acechaser

Acechaser

Has anyone used this recoil rod? If so are there any positives or negatives to it? Thank all for input.

2. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

If it is some kind of recoil reducing rod, it is a gimmick. Just stick with stock, and you will have much better reliability.

3. XMM

XMM Guest

Neeeever heard of it. I agree with G&D - stick with stock.

4. Acechaser

Acechaser

Thanks I thought it seemed kind of odd. There is always some gimmick out there just like buying a new golf swing. Bottom line is $$$. ILL paste the link below for the curious.

http://deadbangguns.com/Quotes1.html

5. XMM

XMM Guest

That was a good video; I agree with everything he said about using force on force, but I wouldn't buy the recoil rod. Glocks typically have less felt recoil than other simiarly-sized handguns of the same caliber.

Heck, the product wasn't even mentioned in that video. The whole thing sounds fishy to me.

6. GlocksterJeff

GlocksterJeff Glock Armorer

I have tried the much larger mercury filled shock absorbers that are made to fit in shotgun stocks. They do work. They have to be large though to be filled with enough mercury to be effective. The Glock guide rod is too small to have enough internal volume. I suspect that much of the recoil softening effect that Dead Bang is getting is just extra weight. Use a solid tungsten guide rod and a new spring for much the same result.

7. BurmKiller

BurmKiller Guest

I broke down and bought one of these more for the reduced muzzle rise then recoil reduction. I have to say, that after about 800 rounds with this rod installed, I do notice a significant difference. Just my $0.02.

8. lionheart

lionheart Guest

All I know about the part I refer to as a "Guide Rod" is that if you use one that adds weight to the pistol, the recoil characteristics will change.

Really anywhere you add weight to the pistol will change the "apparent recoil" although it seems to work better when you add it to the end of the barrel.

9. BurmKiller

BurmKiller Guest

Well, there is a difference I believe between the class of products that are simply replacement rods versus the active recoil reduction rods. There are several of the latter out there. In general, they are light rods that are hollowed out with a weight inside that is allowed to move freely. I have seen one that had Mercury in it. This one does not. The idea, from a physics standpoint anyhow, is that the muzzle rise energy is transfered to the rod and internal weight - the weight is allowed to move rearward freely and thus dissipates the enery without causing muzzle rise. I gave my G19 to a friend that had another G19 with a solid Ti rod in it to fire side by side. He felt that muzzle rise was also noticably less with the recoil rod. Hey - whatever works for each shooter. I know there are guys out there that believe if Glock didn't make it and stick it in there, it isn't needed - and many of them can shoot damn well. As for me, I am one of those that is NEVER happy unless I have heavily customized it - if nothing else other then to make it feel more like "my own".