De-escalation - Chicago style

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

No appreciation for protecting his office during rioting/looting. Coffee and popcorn was more important. Cheap ass. What a jerk.

larry_minn likes this.
  2. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Its not going to go that far. She only needed a day or two of headlines and there will probably be zero discipline and the newspapers will be told to forget the story. Thats why she said "theres no plans to fire the officers". The cops have only one voice and few know about it, https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/ Mostly other cops and who cares what they say?

They made the major mistake of releasing it on a Thurs., which is the Political equivalent of a felony. Always release on a Friday so the suckers can stew on it over the week end and the papers are to skinny for refuting. I guess the heat from that tape was just to much, they got sloppy.

"The Popcorn Caper" will now become part of the Police Lore. Maybe even an exhibit in the Police Museum. Just listen to her righteous wrath, you'd think they burned down the city or something. https://abc7ny.com/chicago-police-video-sleeping-officers-bobby-rush/6243431/ Or totally FUBAR'ed the response. Or all THEIR kids are running around with new $250 Air Jordans.

As if some cop is dumb enough to hide in the office of an ex-Black panther leader while rioters were in the shopping center. And without being told to stay there.

blueiron likes this.

3. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

She's talking about the Antifa police force.

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

:rofl:
    That is awesome. I wish they would get away with it.

BTW, on a serious note, a de-escalation strategy I'd like to see a city try is - don't go to the protest. What if the protesters went out on the street and the police just didn't show up at all and everybody completely ignored them? Would it still turn into a riot? If it did, would it at least be more clear who's fault the riot was?

I guess that might set off the reaction of destroying things until somebody has to come and confront them, but it would be interesting to try.

blueiron likes this.
  5. Rellik

Rellik Kwisatz Haderach in Training

In russia, its sitting on your suitcases.

blueiron likes this.
  6. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

You Can Get Much Further with a Kind Word and a Gun than with a Kind Word Alone

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

...and they used HIS microwave. The horror, the horror.... I hope he can overcome this egregious insult.

larry_minn and blueiron like this.
  8. cherokeewarrior

cherokeewarrior NRA Life Member

Edited to remove ill considered comments............

9. Tomcat1977

Well popcorn and coffee seems like it was earned that night. https://twitter.com/i/status/1266874203950780416

I got surrounded by savages a few times. https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...eets-of-chicago-as-protests-continue/2280772/

And now this. https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

10. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So there are at least 8 Officers in a office? How big? Do all 8 need to be watching? I would guess 3 entrances? Likely 2 of which are close to each other?
    So two on “duty” watching doors. The reaction force can relax, take off body armor and use a proper bathroom break. Hydrate, get a nap. (I doubt they only did a 8 or 12 hr shift)

11. SAR

SAR CLM

During the 1992 LA riots, my squad and I had an all day detail to guard a vault and safety deposit boxes of a Bank of America in South Los Angeles. There was really no way to secure the bank so there we sat.... The bank staff were a bit more gracious and told us to help ourselves to coffee and snacks... and they didn’t even mind that we sat on their sofas in our soot covered uniforms....

It was probably all fun and games until they ate the popcorn.

12. Tomcat1977

Doesn't matter. They were assigned. Anything less then 8, and maybe 8, would have been attacked that night. There were multiple attacks on groups of 6 to 12 that night they'd throw out on a street corner or in front of a hotel/store. No doubt a few street guys trickled in to relax a bit, after all a staffer told them to make themselves at home.

It was just a cheap shot 1 week in the making. A real cheap shot by the characters running the show trying to dump it all on the Police.

Anyway 1/32 in the weekend shoot-a-rama. The cold must be affecting aim.

larry_minn likes this.