GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
And I repeat, this dream MAY just come true for you. I am pretty positive you are not too far away from the right price to acquire such pistol. ;)

...wink...wink
This is just killing me. I'm voting on everyone with one start throwing out the 50K number. Ron could be spot on about the future price!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Keep in mind currently there are very few of these out there.
20K buys a great deal of Gen 1 17s, 17Ls, manuals, boxes and parts.

I come up with 10 known in private hands.

My point is that not everyone who considers themselves a true Glock collector will be able to own one. Just not enough to go around.
If you are wanting to own only the best, most collectable and juiciest models then I understand the drive for a 19.
If I had not been able to score as I did I simply would content myself with a pursuit of early Glocks. Personally I would not buy another even at the same price I paid.

Finding a guy who has one and is not a collector means waiting for an unknown one to surface. Looks like the guys who have one now would sell but only for huge dollars. Until one of these gentlemen puts a price out it will continue to be unknown. Currently this price is North of 20K.
17L said $25K would buy his.

Yes all this is off topic. If you created one just for the comments here it might not even take off.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Good for you CK you stepped up hard.
I truly hope you are able to close on one. Your offer is generous and I believe the sum it would take to make an owner sell theirs.
Mine still creates a overwhelming sense of contentment along with being fortunate. My interest in those dates back quite a number of years. Back when there simply was extremely little discussion about them. Now we have a list of known serial numbers. Thanks to GH for crating that list.

Good luck and hopefully we will see you soon posting here about your latest acquisition.

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
I’m in for $20-$25K on someone’s “Precious” as Gollum says. I understand the importance of these pieces, hence the off topic thread.

Good place to bury this conversation.
That's a serious offer. Please let us know how it goes. It will be interesting to see if anyone is willing to part with one at that price. Good luck!!

Spot on PT.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts