41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
double post

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I told the Gen1 17 CA seller that I’d offer $20K for a Gen1 19, he said someone might take me up on that. I don’t think so, money can’t buy everything.
Did the seller have a G1 19? That would be a new one to the collector community (at least to us here).

·
Registered
649 Posts
The DA is indeed an excellent example and such that it will always command a higher price then lessor examples of the same model. As long as you keep it complete.
We haven’t even begun to see what the individual parts and niblets will fetch going forward.
Imagine twice as many of us going after this stuff. And we are a small number to begin with.
An excellent example of how small we are is even fellow Glock Talk members have difficulty understanding our passion. This isn’t just a general firearm forum but one called Glock Talk.
For this reason alone is why I don’t even think of creating greater discussion about this manufacture and the collector development of it on other forums.
I do wonder just how many of us there are. Are we also currently our own worse enemies in driving up prices on each other?

I suggest a list of most wanted items for each one of us. 5-10 items. Whatever. Guns, manuals or other.
You can have an item listed only once.
We all see each other’s list.
When one of those items comes available eBay or GB we notify the availability and whoever has it highest on their list.
We all agree not to bid on the item if that member wants it.
Once he/she gets it then they will have to pass on other items for a specific amount of time!
BOOM.....
We finally start paying reasonable prices for this plastic/paper stuff.... Genius, I know.

I wanted to add I would like to implement this after I have my share and have sold off my excess.... Thank you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The DA is indeed an excellent example and such that it will always command a higher price then lessor examples of the same model. As long as you keep it complete.
We haven’t even begun to see what the individual parts and niblets will fetch going forward.
Imagine twice as many of us going after this stuff. And we are a small number to begin with.
An excellent example of how small we are is even fellow Glock Talk members have difficulty understanding our passion. This isn’t just a general firearm forum but one called Glock Talk.
For this reason alone is why I don’t even think of creating greater discussion about this manufacture and the collector development of it on other forums.
I do wonder just how many of us there are. Are we also currently our own worse enemies in driving up prices on each other?

I suggest a list of most wanted items for each one of us. 5-10 items. Whatever. Guns, manuals or other.
You can have an item listed only once.
We all see each other’s list.
When one of those items comes available eBay or GB we notify the availability and whoever has it highest on their list.
We all agree not to bid on the item if that member wants it.
Once he/she gets it then they will have to pass on other items for a specific amount of time!
BOOM.....
We finally start paying reasonable prices for this plastic/paper stuff.... Genius, I know.

I wanted to add I would like to implement this after I have my share and have sold off my excess.... Thank you.
There have been sever instances where I have PM a member or a member has PM me, stated our cases and generally one of us dropped out. Not always but sometimes!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Are you seriously interested in spending at least $20K?

I have no idea of what it would take to buy one. It seems the individuals that own them are also Glock collectors. So this makes it more difficult to pry one loose.
Owning that one would be a corner stone for a serious Glock collector. This and it will always appreciate dramatically just due to its uniqueness.

I have had an interest to purchase in my sig line for months. No one has contacted me even to just get an idea of what would I be willing to pay.

Be active on the forum. Contribute and demonstrate your seriousness about Glock collecting. I really want to believe those who have one and may part with it would like to see it go to such a member as above.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
It is telling of the tight hands that the G1 19s are in that no one who owns one - several of whom are regulars here - have seemingly responded to what I take as a serious offer of 20K. That is until perhaps today w Glockaholics post.

The question is what does it take for a serious Glock collector to part with the cornerstone of their collection that they may very well never be able to replace?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I reached out to Sig_Fiend on your behalf CK.
Unfortunately he sold his some time back.

I asked him for some more info so that we can update GHs thread on the 19s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I appreciate you reaching out on my behalf. I know what a prized possession it is to have a G1 19 as there are so few.

If anyone is ever interested in parting with there's, keep me in mind. Collecting Glocks and their associated parts teaches patience. And if it never comes my way, I'll be happy to know several lucky Glock collectors are keeping the hobby alive.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I appreciate you reaching out on my behalf. I know what a prized possession it is to have a G1 19 as there are so few.

If anyone is ever interested in parting with there's, keep me in mind. Collecting Glocks and their associated parts teaches patience. And if it never comes my way, I'll be happy to know several lucky Glock collectors are keeping the hobby alive.
I as well contacted an owner that I thought might consider selling at $20K but he won't part with his.

We're looking out for you. I really hope that you find one.

The ones that have traded in recent years (since Smokie sold his) have generally - with few exceptions - been folks who bought them long ago, long before they were worth what they are who were willing to sell or in one case someone who just lucked out and bought one as a used Glock years ago who was smart enough to ask us what he had. They were not generally serious collectors parting with theirs - save for the guys with two who sold one.

That said, at the 20K level, I think you'll eventually find one. I certainly hope that you do.

It's great having you here. As was said above, the more active you are the more folks get to know you the more connections and opportunities you make.

Many of my great guns were offered to me or the connections made for me to get them were arranged for me by members here who thought that I'd appreciate them and share them with the community. I most certainly appreciate them and share them.

·
21,335 Posts

Would you be willing to spend $25k?

·
Registered
301 Posts
This thread has gotten off topic, but I'm sorry but I must ask. Those of own one who's got a complete one? Correct box and everything and condition. I'll start - mine is complete, great condition.

Complete-1
No box - ?

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
This thread has gotten off topic, but I'm sorry but I must ask. Those of own one who's got a complete one? Correct box and everything and condition. I'll start - mine is complete, great condition. Minimally fired, extremely clean. Further, I know the entire provenance and history.

Complete-1
No box - ?
Really has turned to a great thread totally unrelated to the original topic. Wish we could break out the G1 19 posts to their own thread.

That said, mine is totally complete down to the original invoice from Glock to the early employee that bought it. All original pre upgrade parts are w the gun as is the original box, original and upgrade label, manual, mags, loader, etc. No police markings. Further, I know the entire provenance and history. I also preserved all communications from the collector from whom I bought it which contain very detailed historical info on the gun. He was the second owner having purchased it from the Glock employee to whom it was sold.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/presenting-with-great-pleasure-my-gen-1-glock-19.1675140/

Reactions: Adam4

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glockhoarder, that is an amazing accounting of your G1 19. I don't think I've read a better firearm biography.

So that makes 2 accounted for.
Fishboy556 - I'm on his death bed list for his G1 19.
Glockhoarder - You can have it when you when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Glockhoarder, that is an amazing accounting of your G1 19. I don't think I've read a better firearm biography.

So that makes 2 accounted for.
Fishboy556 - I'm on his death bed list for his G1 19.
Glockhoarder - You can have it when you when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Very glad u enjoyed it. Thanks so much for the kind words on the bio.

Here is the current accounting of those known to the extent that owners wish to make such info public.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gen-1-glock-19-sn-thread.1824504/

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great, thank you. I did a search several times in the past but I guess I was not querying correctly. When you search for something on this forum, you fall down the rabbit hole quickly. I was researching mag base plates the other night before I realized I spent 3 hours on the forum.

Looks like another late night tonight on the forum...

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Great, thank you. I did a search several times in the past but I guess I was not querying correctly. When you search for something on this forum, you fall down the rabbit hole quickly. I was researching mag base plates the other night before I realized I spent 3 hours on the forum.

Looks like another late night tonight on the forum...
Lol. I've had a LOT of those!!

Many important reference threads are here:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/collectors-topics.1680565/

Reactions: Adam4
41 - 60 of 68 Posts