DB508 17L-P on GB

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Glockaholics, Sep 25, 2020.

1. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

2. Adam4

Adam4

3. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Oh, didn't realize that it was you from memory. That gun is fantastic. As you know, I have JQ100. There will be an article about it in a soon to be published Glock collector literature that I'll share with you guys once it's out.

10K lighter but MAN are those two incredible gun. Awesome seller as well as you know by now. As you can imagine I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 10K lighter for the GH collection. I paid that for my G1 19 alone over 3 years ago.

I was not surprised by the hammer price of the CA. I have to say that I was floored by the DB. I never thought that it would break $3K even complete and apparently NIB looking. Is it NIB?

That said, it's very rare to see such a complete and NIB appearing G1 17 L P. I have a NIB DA and ED but I can't remember if the manuals are in the bag like yours or if either have the warranty cards.

You really got two incredible guns. Just fantastic.

So great to have you on the forum. Glad that you've enjoyed lurking but way more glad to have you join us. That makes two "new" serious Glock collectors to have joined us - you and Adam4 - in the very recent past. We are all very fortunate to have you both.

premiertactical and Adam4 like this.
  4. Adam4

Adam4

Not sure what I did to make pics appear 3 times. Sorry to all. The only marks on this gun are on top and on side of the slide where it sits on the high spots inside these boxes. I wish it didn't have them and it would be an absolute perfect virtualky untouched time capsule. The "Best in the Market" sticker on top is still beautiful white and no yellowing at all. Overall a good colkector piece IMHO.

premiertactical likes this.
  5. cereal_killer

cereal_killer CLM

I told the Gen1 17 CA seller that I’d offer $20K for a Gen1 19, he said someone might take me up on that. I don’t think so, money can’t buy everything.

6. Adam4

Adam4

Not sure how to delete the duplicates.

7. cereal_killer

cereal_killer CLM

That DA was literally in a time capsule, amazing. Good job!

Adam4 and glockhoarder like this.
  8. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

"Good collector piece" is like saying that Kate Upton is attractive LOL.

Is there a label on the box with the SN ect?

I hate those marks where the gun contacts the box. They are on virtually every nice collectable Glock as they were nearly all seemingly stored in the boxes.

I still store mine in the boxes but I put an inert, archival, non-absorbent material between the guns and the contact points so that they don't get worse.

Does anyone know exactly why they mark like that?? Chemical reaction?? It seems odd that such a tough finish would permanently mark from contact alone. Many of these guns have sat in safes untouched. Perhaps in shipping? Don't know. Does anyone?

9. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

It's a pain. I always get screwed up with pics here.

What you can do is edit, go to upload file, find the dup and delete it. Sometimes it shows up as a thumbnail after that. Then you do it again and it's gone.

Adam4 likes this.
  10. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

The thing that's esp cool is that the manual, sticker, etc are perfect. I've seen guns not touched but stored in sub-optimal conditions where the paper yellows, etc. Yours looks perfect.

Adam4 likes this.
  11. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Cereal_killer: Joined July 18. 2007. 15 posts. You weren't kidding about lurking LOL!!

davedc and Adam4 like this.
  12. Adam4

Adam4

GH is it you that is putting felt pieces on those "humps" inside the boxes to keep those marks from appearing on the slides?? I was thinking I should do something to keep that scarring from getting any worse over the years to come. What are collectors of these guns in these early boxes doing to mitigate this?

davedc likes this.
  13. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

It's not felt. Felt is absorbent. It's an inert material that I got from Gaylord Archival.

I posted an extensive thread on this a few months ago. A number of the other regulars commented on it. I'll try to find it and post a link to it on the collector topics sticky at the top of the collector club forum.

Adam4 and davedc like this.
  14. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

premiertactical, davedc and Adam4 like this.
  15. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I also never use any adhesive material even if it is archival as I don't want that to gum up.

It's a pain to store them in the original boxes. But, they stack well so I do. That said, as I noted in the thread, I put archival material between the boxes and don't stack more then a few guns. I put the ones with labels on the lids on the tops of the stacks for that reason.

premiertactical, davedc and Adam4 like this.
  16. premiertactical

premiertactical

20K for a Gen 1 19 huh??............. hmmmmmm........

CK if you can find one of the few owners willing to part with theirs at that price you would be doing well. I thought 17L said 25k would buy his.

Cmon some of you here with multiples of those... Let’s get one up on GB.
    You know who I am talking to....

L.A.Tactical, Adam4 and glockhoarder like this.
  17. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Indeed, as I had mentioned to you guys in the past, I was offered $20K for mine totally unsolicited shortly after I bought it. It's of course totally complete, non-KS ABC and with an entirely known provenance. That said, that was shortly after the last KS ABC one that has ever sold on GB in a true auction brought $6725 IIRC. They've gone way past that now.

I'd LOVE to see on a well written, well timed true auction on GB to see where it would go. One day perhaps we'll see. $20K+ would not surprise me at all.

18. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

I would add that I think that in 5 - 10 years $20K for a G1 19 will be looked at as the good old days when they were cheap. I think that in time they will be recognized as one of the truly important and great collectible pistols for reasons that we've discussed. OT for the thread but a great discussion.

19. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

To blather on further - and mark this post :) - the day will come when a G1 19 will be a widely recognized trophy gun like a Singer 1911 - on the cover of RIA type catalogs. etc. . Again, for the many reasons that we've all discussed. I think that we'll see this in most of our lifetimes.