GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Final Sale Price $4,526.00

Funny how this was posted right from the beginning, 0 replies, and it ends with maybe a record price for a DB Ported 17L. Congrats to Cereal Killer on maybe the nicest one offered for sale in a public setting so far!!

Happy Glocking my Glockers!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I do think that's a record price by $1,000 for an L

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Question for my fellow collectors. I’ve come across two ED 17Ls in same condition as this one w/ all parts & accessories. What do you value the EDs vs. DAs & DBs? Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Some have suggested that the DAs are the most valuable because early Glock collectors were all about chasing first series. However, a DB just set the sales price record for a 17L so I don't think the prefix matters as much as condition and completeness. The interesting thing about the ED guns is that they transitioned to gen 2 frames somewhere just before number 250. So it's actually the rarest serial bank of the gen 1s.

Reactions: glockhoarder

·
Registered
201 Posts
For me personally it's all about just that LAT - condition (nos) and completeness. I have a NIB DA with all original paperwork, manual, tools etc. of course I didn't give anywhere near what that DB recently went for. That kinda blew my mind but great for seller and obviously the buyer who REALLY wanted that particular gun it appears. I suppose in the end it's good for all things Glock. That said I wouldn't mind picking up an ED at some point.

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
For me personally it's all about just that LAT - condition (nos) and completeness. I have a NIB DA with all original paperwork, manual, tools etc. of course I didn't give anywhere near what that DB recently went for. That kinda blew my mind but great for seller and obviously the buyer who REALLY wanted that particular gun it appears. I suppose in the end it's good for all things Glock. That said I wouldn't mind picking up an ED at some point.
Very cool re the NIB DA!! When did u come upon it? Where did u find it?

ED is by far the most rare of all G1 17Ls. For that matter the G2 ED 17 L P may well be one of the most rare of all production Glocks. I'd guess its behind only the G22C RTF2/G.

It's certainly possible if not likely that the G1 19 has the fewest surviving examples of any production Glock. I'm referring to numbers made.

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
Question for my fellow collectors. I’ve come across two ED 17Ls in same condition as this one w/ all parts & accessories. What do you value the EDs vs. DAs & DBs? Thank you for your input.
All other things being equal (condition, completeness) I thing being most rare they should command the most. With that said the population of people that cares about the prefix versus just having a Gen. 1 17L is likely smallie.

Reactions: Adam4

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
I git the NIB DA from "Hess Guns" within last 6 mos. It is unfired and 100% complete. Fantasic example of a 32 year old NOS gun. Ill try to post some pics of it maybe later this evening. I felt lucky to get it for sure!
Omg. What a score!!! Incredible

Reactions: premiertactical

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
It turns out they are all not complete as I originally thought. Many items are missing. That brings down the overall value trying to round up the parts.

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
I’ve been lurking on GT forever but finally decided to participate. I’ve learned so much from you guys over the years. Thank you for the knowledge!
So glad that you joined us. Hope you stay.

WOW!! Quite the avatar. Please tell us more about that G1 CA!!!!! We'd love to see more pics, box, label, SN. Tremendous. What other great collectible Glocks will you share with us. Welcome!!

Reactions: L.A.Tactical

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
Just floors me:

Screenshot_20201024-222141_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-222153_Chrome.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,476 Posts
Screenshot_20201024-222315_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-222322_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-222358_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-222426_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201024-222459_Chrome.jpg

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
It’s your collection that I’m envious of! And you already saw the auction go down so you’re in the know.

I’m $10K lighter but they are some beautiful gen1’s

1 - 20 of 68 Posts